Coffee and Cherry Liquer

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

Tried this last night and it was pretty good.

What you will need:

1 cup of your favorite brewed coffee:
1 oz of Cherry Liqueur (I think any brand will do)

When you have the hot cup of coffee ready (please note, this is really only for black coffee, I have not tried it with creamer yet..) simply pour in the 1 oz of cherry liqueur.

Now, this is where my friend and I differed... I thought it was best to not stir it in, just let it float where it may. However, he thought it was better to stir it in so the flavors properly mixed.

So, try it out, and let me know your thoughts :) (Oh and be sure to tell me if you stirred it in, or just let it float! Got a side bet going on....)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to take a look around.. I haven't heard of that particular brand before.. What part of Canada are you from? Would it happen to be Ontario? Because I remember that the LCBO had some selections, but I don't recall that particular brand.

Actually, I'm going to up the ante tonight, I'm going to actually go ahead and not only put the shot of Cherry Liqueur in there but I also picked up a jar of maraschino cherries and going to see about topping with whipped cream and throwing a couple on top...

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the name brand "Gran Marinier" (not sure of spelling) Usually in orange. This was a few years ago so I am not sure if they even make the cherry flavored one. Best to talk to your local liquor store and see if it is avalable. I know last time I checked they could get it but I would of had to buy a case.
Brian

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the name brand "Gran Marinier" (not sure of spelling) Usually in orange. This was a few years ago so I am not sure if they even make the cherry flavored one. Best to talk to your local liquor store and see if it is avalable. I know last time I checked they could get it but I would of had to buy a case.
Brian

A CASE?

I don't drink THAT much coffee with cherry liqueur lol.. I'd have to drink... let me get out the calculator.. so let's assume a case has 12 bottles.. 12 bottles x 10 ounces (rough estimate) 120 ounces, that is 120 cups of coffee to mix with it... so.. assuming I drink this beverage 3 times daily, then it would be 40 DAYS worth.. However, I think that once a week would suffice, and probably at most 1 or 2 cups... so... That would be almost a YEARS supply for me! Wow..

I guess it isn't in huge demand and that is why they make you order the case. If it really is THAT good, I may need to try and see about ordering some for the next get together where there are 40 + guests then it might be alright to get a case.. Otherwise...

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well yur calculations are off by a bit. A bottle is actually 26 ounces so that would mean just over 2.5 years worth. And yes, the manager brought in a case and because it wasn't a great seller they decided to not bring in any more so that is why it was only available if you bought a case.

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well yur calculations are off by a bit. A bottle is actually 26 ounces so that would mean just over 2.5 years worth. And yes, the manager brought in a case and because it wasn't a great seller they decided to not bring in any more so that is why it was only available if you bought a case.

2.5 Years... Wow... 2.5 years of cherry coffee.. Well, I suppose I could go that route and just call myself prepared for anything :)

Of course it wouldn't be a big seller, everyone is more a fan of this "sourpuss" stuff they are palming off as a high quality mix. Not a big fan myself, I had them suggest sourpuss in place of the Cherry Liqueur. NEVER, NEVER will I befoul my coffee with the presence of something like sourpuss. NEVER....

I have had someone mention mint, but I haven't gone there myself... I can't imagine mint going to well either, but to each their own I suppose.