Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Creamy Coffee

This is a discussion on Creamy Coffee within the Coffee Drinks forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull Oh there would have been a stain... You just wouldn't have been able to see it LOL... Of course, that raises ...

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Oh there would have been a stain... You just wouldn't have been able to see it LOL... Of course, that raises the philosophical question.. If there is stain that cannot be seen... Is it really a stain....?
    OMG, this forum has got two genuinely genius and philosophical personalities in the form of "me" and "MyMugsHalfFull", so the forum should be thankful to us, lol..........ah just kidding.....

Actually, if there is a stain which cannot be seen, it is really a stain but since that stain is invisible, so it cannot be categorized as stain despite the fact that in actuality, it is a stain. But since the stain is invisible, so it is in reality not a stain until and unless something more falls at the exact place, make it visible and then makes it a real stain.

What a stainy answer to a stainy question in a stainy thread.....!
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    I'm guessing that the smack on the back of the head was really for spitting the coffee on to the floor instead of spitting it back in the cup like most people would do in that situation.

I think that a stain that cannot be seen is really not a stain. When I wear black slacks to work, and I spill coffee or hot chocolate on them, there is no visible stain to scrub out or pretreat before tossing them in the washer. But I know there would be one heck of a stain if I had been wearing a lighter color.

I think if you can't see it, it's not there.... (unless it's a bodily fluid stain at a crime scene, and then there are special lights that show the stains - invisible or not)

Lol, yeah,....that smack on the head could have double meanings actually.
    About that stain thing, thank God that we don't have any of those special lights at home, otherwise my mom would have killed me, lol...... (This is because there are so many so called "invisible stains" on the carpet in the living room, where we conduct our meals).

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    I'm guessing that the smack on the back of the head was really for spitting the coffee on to the floor instead of spitting it back in the cup like most people would do in that situation.

I think that a stain that cannot be seen is really not a stain. When I wear black slacks to work, and I spill coffee or hot chocolate on them, there is no visible stain to scrub out or pretreat before tossing them in the washer. But I know there would be one heck of a stain if I had been wearing a lighter color.

I think if you can't see it, it's not there.... (unless it's a bodily fluid stain at a crime scene, and then there are special lights that show the stains - invisible or not)
    Uh.... Hmmm.... You got me there lol... Yes, it did go to the floor, but it really wasn't my fault... Try it sometime and let's see if you make it to the cup!!! Not as easy as it sounds...

As to the black pants, yep.. However, I find that you only tend to spill things on yourself when you wear light colors, especially white... One of those quirky laws of the universe

Super Moderator
    Another quirk in the stain category is when you're wearing a shirt that has a pattern, like a white shirt with blue stripes, the coffee spill will land right on the white area. It seems like white material is a magnet for stains.

Another quirk in the stain category is when you're wearing a shirt that has a pattern, like a white shirt with blue stripes, the coffee spill will land right on the white area. It seems like white material is a magnet for stains.
    I think we touched on the physics of the spill in another thread lol..

But yes, wherever there is white, you are bound to spill. Unless of course you are drinking something that won't stain, then of course you won't spill anything...

Law of holiday dinners is to avoid white at all costs.. or at least stain in a pleasant pattern

I remember one Christmas (we were probably 6 or 7 all of us kids at the party) one cousin got cranberry sauce on her white dress... Well, it created a big red stain.. So we got together and decided we needed to help her, so we promptly got ourselves some hot cocoa with those little green marshmallows and proceeded to dab green on her dress as well, so she would be more festive

Super Moderator
    Is that a true story or did you just make that up?

Is that a true story or did you just make that up?
    Tongue in cheek story, sounds better the way I tell it so we don't come off as just bratty kids LOL The way it "really" went down is she got the stain, we made fun of her, and well we all wound up getting a stain of some kind after that...

You are so right. I am a witness of this, lol since this has happened either personally with me or in front of me, at least half a dozen times.

I don't drink black coffee. I always use creamer and my favorite is an Italian Sweet Cream. Really good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads