Orange Coffee:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Halloween is upon us, and I wanted to share a recipe that was pretty darned good for orange coffee :)

Take your favorite roasted coffee and add a dash (1 oz or less, depends on your personal taste) of orange liqueur. Sounds weird, tastes great.

It also goes really well with pumpkin pie :)

You can add whipped cream to the top if you want, but I like it with just the orange.

For those who are more adventurous you can also add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to the mix too.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I just read this post, although Halloween is gone past, but I am having a look at this thread now.
OMG, it seriously sounds extremely weird, orange liqueur in roasted coffee?
:question:
Tell me, is it your own invention? or is this a reputed recipe?
have you tried it yourself? And don't tell me a dash of cinnamon on top of that?
Ahhhhh,......lol.....
:grin:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just read this post, although Halloween is gone past, but I am having a look at this thread now.
OMG, it seriously sounds extremely weird, orange liqueur in roasted coffee?
:question:
Tell me, is it your own invention? or is this a reputed recipe?
have you tried it yourself? And don't tell me a dash of cinnamon on top of that?
Ahhhhh,......lol.....
:grin:

Not my recipe. Actually pretty popular if you do a search online. The first time I had it was in a small diner in Canada. They had it for a Halloween special.. It's sort of a tradition now :)

No... I don't put cinnamon on top.. I'm not really a big fan of cinnamon.. maybe nutmeg... As I do like it in Eggnog... Now... THERE's an idea lol....

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Not my recipe. Actually pretty popular if you do a search online. The first time I had it was in a small diner in Canada. They had it for a Halloween special.. It's sort of a tradition now :)

No... I don't put cinnamon on top.. I'm not really a big fan of cinnamon.. maybe nutmeg... As I do like it in Eggnog... Now... THERE's an idea lol....

Well, Exclusively my opinion and I owe it, lol.......
I see no point in having an orange coffee. Even though it might be very popular these days, yet I don't like the basic concept. If I want the orange taste, I would go for orange juice and on the other hand, if I want the coffee taste, then I would go for coffee. lol......Might be strange but that is how, I think. A bit crazy, I know......

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I cannot digest the concept of "orange coffee". Will someone convince me as to why should I go for orange coffee?

We can't force you to do anything. You need to make your own choices :) No one is going to try and convince you around here.. We leave that to all the Spammers hawking the latest XYZ Coffee Maker, or the newest coffee MLM scheme :D

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
We can't force you to do anything. You need to make your own choices :) No one is going to try and convince you around here.. We leave that to all the Spammers hawking the latest XYZ Coffee Maker, or the newest coffee MLM scheme :D

Lol, OMG, I didn't at all mean that. I meant that I am so far not convinced to make or taste orange coffee because I just don't like the assumed taste of it, lol......
I would like to be convinced, though......lol, no I mean, I would like to be persuaded.......whatever you say !
:wink:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol, OMG, I didn't at all mean that. I meant that I am so far not convinced to make or taste orange coffee because I just don't like the assumed taste of it, lol......
I would like to be convinced, though......lol, no I mean, I would like to be persuaded.......whatever you say !
:wink:

"The force is strong with this one..."

"Drink this coffee, you must... Do, or do not... There is no try.... "

:D

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
Actually, make a latte, add orange syrup (or just squeeze an orange into the cup), add cocoa powder, then some orange zest on top, you have a Cafe Borgia. Essentially a mocha latte with orange. I used to make these when I was head barista at a coffee bar in Palo Alto. It's an incredible drink.

Cheers!
Dave

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually, make a latte, add orange syrup (or just squeeze an orange into the cup), add cocoa powder, then some orange zest on top, you have a Cafe Borgia. Essentially a mocha latte with orange. I used to make these when I was head barista at a coffee bar in Palo Alto. It's an incredible drink.

Cheers!
Dave

You have mentioned elsewhere that you worked as a Barrista, so you can vouch for orange liquere in coffee... :) What would you recommend as a liquere? I am no expert, and just basically throw in what I can find.. But what is the official one used? :)