Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hot VS Cold

This is a discussion on Hot VS Cold within the Coffee Drinks forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; So my question is related to the hot coffee versus cold coffee? Which one do you prefer? Do you take it depending on the weather? ...

Hot VS Cold

So my question is related to the hot coffee versus cold coffee?
    Which one do you prefer? Do you take it depending on the weather? I mean generally people take hot coffee in winters while cold coffee in summers. But how do you take them?
    Let us discuss !

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    So my question is related to the hot coffee versus cold coffee?
    Which one do you prefer? Do you take it depending on the weather? I mean generally people take hot coffee in winters while cold coffee in summers. But how do you take them?
    Let us discuss !
    I generally prefer hot coffee, no matter the weather. However, if you are talking cappuccino then I really do prefer it cold or iced (I'm kind of weird that way, I like it at least a bit cooler than room temperature if it's a cappuccino).

So it depends. I also prefer Mochaccino cold/iced I guess because of the chocolate content perhaps.

I generally go for coffee, depending on the weather (and my mood too at times). If the weather is cold and my mood is good, I would go for hot coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is hot and my mood is good, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for hot coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    I generally go for coffee, depending on the weather (and my mood too at times). If the weather is cold and my mood is good, I would go for hot coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is hot and my mood is good, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for hot coffee.
    OK... Care to expound on the "cold weather/sad mood" = cold coffee equation? Why would you drink cold coffee then? Does it help improve your mood if it's cold? I admit that a hot cup of coffee on a rainy day when you really don't have anywhere else to go and you feel sort of down helps to pick you up. Cold coffee in the summer makes sense too

I think you're the first person I have heard say cold weather and cold coffee was a preference I remember at work people would complain about the cold coffee in the winter LOL...

Well my preference is also dependant on the weather. Here in Canada when it is 30 below zero it is hard to walk with an iced cap down the road. It does take a long time to melt lol.
    I also prefer hot coffees in the morning and will drink the cold coffees in the afternoon in most cases. It is also a matter of convience, with hot being much easier to prepare than cold.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBrian View Post
    Well my preference is also dependant on the weather. Here in Canada when it is 30 below zero it is hard to walk with an iced cap down the road. It does take a long time to melt lol.
    I also prefer hot coffees in the morning and will drink the cold coffees in the afternoon in most cases. It is also a matter of convience, with hot being much easier to prepare than cold.
    Brian
    Good points there! I remember needing to walk to work in those minus 40 degree days.. I used to like the hot coffee to warm up my hands. Actually in some cases (when I was a dork and forgot my gloves) I would use the hot coffee in lieu of the gloves, and at least half attempt to keep my hands warm.. It wasn't too successful, but in my mind it was better than nothing!

Coffee is always my all time favorite drink. And in hot vs cold I always like to prefer cold coffee. Ya of course it depends on the weather most of the time but if their is normal weather then I prefer cold coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by rohitlumar View Post
    Coffee is always my all time favorite drink. And in hot vs cold I always like to prefer cold coffee. Ya of course it depends on the weather most of the time but if their is normal weather then I prefer cold coffee.
    Do you put cream and sugar in your cold coffee, or just drink it black?

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    OK... Care to expound on the "cold weather/sad mood" = cold coffee equation? Why would you drink cold coffee then? Does it help improve your mood if it's cold? I admit that a hot cup of coffee on a rainy day when you really don't have anywhere else to go and you feel sort of down helps to pick you up. Cold coffee in the summer makes sense too

I think you're the first person I have heard say cold weather and cold coffee was a preference I remember at work people would complain about the cold coffee in the winter LOL...
    Lol, yeah, I am a bit nuts in that sense. I mean, actually the bottom line is that when my mood, I take the normal coffee depending on the weather, that is, hot coffee in cold weather and cold coffee in hot weather. However, when I am not in a good state of mood/mind, then I do strange things just like drinking cold coffee in cold weather. Oh My God, so philosophical of me, lol.......Sorry, I might sound crazy but that's how it goes with me.....

I always go for hot coffee regardless of the weather, I just can't do cold or iced coffee. My business partner loves cold brew coffee though, but it's just too much of a hassle for me for something that's nowhere near worth it. But, to each his own haha.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads