Hot VS Cold

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
So my question is related to the hot coffee versus cold coffee?
Which one do you prefer? Do you take it depending on the weather? I mean generally people take hot coffee in winters while cold coffee in summers. But how do you take them?
Let us discuss !

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So my question is related to the hot coffee versus cold coffee?
Which one do you prefer? Do you take it depending on the weather? I mean generally people take hot coffee in winters while cold coffee in summers. But how do you take them?
Let us discuss !

I generally prefer hot coffee, no matter the weather. However, if you are talking cappuccino then I really do prefer it cold or iced (I'm kind of weird that way, I like it at least a bit cooler than room temperature if it's a cappuccino).

So it depends. I also prefer Mochaccino cold/iced :) I guess because of the chocolate content perhaps.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I generally go for coffee, depending on the weather (and my mood too at times). If the weather is cold and my mood is good, I would go for hot coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is hot and my mood is good, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for hot coffee. :star:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I generally go for coffee, depending on the weather (and my mood too at times). If the weather is cold and my mood is good, I would go for hot coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is hot and my mood is good, I would go for cold coffee. If the weather is cold and my mood is sad, I would go for hot coffee. :star:

OK... Care to expound on the "cold weather/sad mood" = cold coffee equation? Why would you drink cold coffee then? Does it help improve your mood if it's cold? I admit that a hot cup of coffee on a rainy day when you really don't have anywhere else to go and you feel sort of down helps to pick you up. Cold coffee in the summer makes sense too :)

I think you're the first person I have heard say cold weather and cold coffee was a preference :D I remember at work people would complain about the cold coffee in the winter LOL...

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well my preference is also dependant on the weather. Here in Canada when it is 30 below zero it is hard to walk with an iced cap down the road. It does take a long time to melt lol.
I also prefer hot coffees in the morning and will drink the cold coffees in the afternoon in most cases. It is also a matter of convience, with hot being much easier to prepare than cold.
Brian

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well my preference is also dependant on the weather. Here in Canada when it is 30 below zero it is hard to walk with an iced cap down the road. It does take a long time to melt lol.
I also prefer hot coffees in the morning and will drink the cold coffees in the afternoon in most cases. It is also a matter of convience, with hot being much easier to prepare than cold.
Brian

Good points there! I remember needing to walk to work in those minus 40 degree days.. I used to like the hot coffee to warm up my hands. Actually in some cases (when I was a dork and forgot my gloves) I would use the hot coffee in lieu of the gloves, and at least half attempt to keep my hands warm.. It wasn't too successful, but in my mind it was better than nothing!

rohitlumar

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Coffee is always my all time favorite drink. And in hot vs cold I always like to prefer cold coffee. Ya of course it depends on the weather most of the time but if their is normal weather then I prefer cold coffee.

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Coffee is always my all time favorite drink. And in hot vs cold I always like to prefer cold coffee. Ya of course it depends on the weather most of the time but if their is normal weather then I prefer cold coffee.

Do you put cream and sugar in your cold coffee, or just drink it black?

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
OK... Care to expound on the "cold weather/sad mood" = cold coffee equation? Why would you drink cold coffee then? Does it help improve your mood if it's cold? I admit that a hot cup of coffee on a rainy day when you really don't have anywhere else to go and you feel sort of down helps to pick you up. Cold coffee in the summer makes sense too :)

I think you're the first person I have heard say cold weather and cold coffee was a preference :D I remember at work people would complain about the cold coffee in the winter LOL...

Lol, yeah, I am a bit nuts in that sense. I mean, actually the bottom line is that when my mood, I take the normal coffee depending on the weather, that is, hot coffee in cold weather and cold coffee in hot weather. However, when I am not in a good state of mood/mind, then I do strange things just like drinking cold coffee in cold weather. Oh My God, so philosophical of me, lol.......Sorry, I might sound crazy but that's how it goes with me.....
:coffeemug:

BasilAlomary

Nov 27, 2012
New Jersey
Visit site
I always go for hot coffee regardless of the weather, I just can't do cold or iced coffee. My business partner loves cold brew coffee though, but it's just too much of a hassle for me for something that's nowhere near worth it. But, to each his own haha.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
OMG, I seriously cannot imagine drinking hot coffee in extremely hot weather conditions, like when the temperature is above 40 degrees celsius or so. My coffee intake depends on weather (and on my mood too), lol.....:coffee1: