Bulletproof Coffee?

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have scoured the forum here, and this is actually something new to me..

Has anyone here ever heard of bulletproof coffee?

I guess it's where they put butter or coconut oil in the coffee?

Anyone here ever tried it, or have more information on it? I did a search online, but all I find are tidbits and nothing that really explains the benefits, or is intelligible which isn't laced with 10,000 affiliate links to some brand or other of "super coffee".

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
What? lol, what a name......I really thought it was something that makes you bulletproof while you are drinking that coffee. lol.......
On a serious note though, I haven't heard about this "bulletproof coffee" before. This is something I am hearing for the very first time.
:check:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
What? lol, what a name......I really thought it was something that makes you bulletproof while you are drinking that coffee. lol.......
On a serious note though, I haven't heard about this "bulletproof coffee" before. This is something I am hearing for the very first time.
:check:

Me too... Apparently it's quite a bit "crazy" but I hadn't ever heard of it before... It was just something I happened to stumble across on my journeys across the net...

I'm not too keen in sticking a stick of butter into my coffee, my diet takes enough blows as it is!

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Me too... Apparently it's quite a bit "crazy" but I hadn't ever heard of it before... It was just something I happened to stumble across on my journeys across the net...

I'm not too keen in sticking a stick of butter into my coffee, my diet takes enough blows as it is!

OMG, yes I did properly conduct a research on the "bullet proof coffee" on the coffee and came across it. However, I still don't like the idea of its name. I mean, a food product is a food product after all and an arsenal product is an arsenal product. The name doesn't give a sweet title to the coffee. :roll:

Javanaut

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
This sounded so ridiculous when I heard it that I just had to try it. I just had my first "bullet proof coffee" for breakfast: 24 oz drip arabian mocha coffee with 2/3 stick butter and 2 tbsp coconut oil. I suppose the exact recipe calls for MCT oil which is a constituent of coconut oil, but I had coconut oil handy.

Absolutely delicious and energizing. I typically drink my coffee/espresso straight, but the creamy texture that you get from this mixture is very enjoyable. It almost tastes a little sweet. In spite of the silly name, I enjoyed it. The original recipe appears to act like you have to have some extra special coffee, but any organic beans you can find will probably do just as well.