Why does coffee...

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
because you are way too tired????? :p
I think people react differently to caffeine.... I never lose sleep over having caffeine and my wife can't sleep at night if she has cup of coffee after 3 pm....

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "EdwardHoldman"

Does this happen all the time when you drink coffee?

Do you load your coffee with lots of sugar and milk? I'm wondering if you get a short burst from the sugar, and then experience the let down when your sugar level drops....could that be what's making your feel sluggish or sleepy?

Rose

grndslm

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You need a hammock. You'll always go to sleep and wake up when you need to... in a hammock.

But this might not be true with, say, 5 cups of coffee. :-D

Perhaps you need more, or stronger, coffee??

Dukkie

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you think sugar makes him sleepy?
I think there are certain types of coffee that make sleepy.

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Speaking of coffee chemistry......I used to spend a lot of time exploring the Internet, gathering coffee-related information, and I recently remembered that I stumbled upon a Coffee Chemistry website.

I just found it again. It has a lot of interesting information, including lab equipment and technical kits that I never knew existed. It may be worth a look.

coffeechemistry.com - the leading information portal on coffee science and chemistry

Rose

Kave

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Sugar is bad for you, go organic coffee, tea and go off dairy you will feel great straight away. Organic Soy is an alternative. I buy my coffee from Global Organic Coffee, it tastes and makes you feel amazing like a vitamin.