My favorite dessert with my coffee is...

coffeefox

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for something special for New Year party and found extra delicious Italian doughnuts recipe.
Coffee-glazed Italian zeppoly - you have to try it.
By the way, there is huge coffee and dessert recipe book you can download absolutely free. Check it out here

grndslm

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm unfamiliar with a king cake. Is is ever called something else?

Is this it?

King Cake Recipe : Food Network Kitchens : Recipes : Food Network

King cake is what we eat around Mardi Gras time. They just started popping up in stores around Christmas, and they'll stop around Mardi Gras day, which is Feb. 12th this year. Every year it's on a different day. Next year it'll be on March 4th.

I have a friend that prefers the "plain" cakes as you linked to. However, I prefer the ones with cream cheese filling (she doesn't care for that filling). We recently found some from WalMart that have a strawberry jelly/jam filling we can both agree on.

The idea behind the king cake is that you hide the plastic baby inside by poking it thru the bottom of the cake. People will cut their slice of the cake... and if they find the baby in their slice, they are supposed to buy the next king cake. This "tradition" is not really adhered to, but it's probly what has kept king cakes alive with the tradition of Mardi Gras.

I have another friend with a superb recipe with the cream cheese filling. I'll have to see if I can get ahold of it and post it for you guys....