Opinion in coffee mixes?

jaf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
There are some company produce mixes of some type of coffee and frappes as
Big Train Company.

This meaning when we want made iced mocha, we don't need to make shot of espresso and additional cocoa powder, only blend mix with milk and iced.

Also there are mixes to drinks don't contain coffee (coffee free drinks) such as caramel frappe, vanilla frappe, strawberry .... etc, and there are mixes for hot drinks too.

what your opinion in coffee mixes and coffee free mix for commercial using?
There are some company produce mixes of some type of coffee and frappes as Big Train Company .

This meaning when we want made iced mocha, we don't need to make shot of espresso and additional cocoa powder, only blend mix with milk and iced.
Also there are mixes to drinks don't contain coffee (coffee free drinks) such as caramel frappe, vanilla frappe, strawberry .... etc. Finally there are mixes for hot drinks.

what your opinion in coffee mixes and coffee free mixes for commercial using?

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I personally do not like the mixes. Try using syrup/sauce instead of powder. It breaks up easier. Cost wise it has to be cheaper to make it traditionally.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm familiar with the Big Train mixes for smoothies. The cafe where I used to work used Big Train for about 4 years and then, because it was less expensive, they switched to using syrups instead (Torani, DaVinci, etc.) There was an obvious drop in sales when that happened, so they really didn't end up saving any money.

I liked the way the Big Train mixes tasted - it was much better than the syrup method. The smoothies made with the Big Train strawberry mix tasted like strawberry, but the syrups made them taste like cough medicine. The smoothies made with the hazelnut and vanilla Big Train mixes were always popular, and many people asked for a shot of espresso in them.

The iced mocas were blended using a shot of espresso and the chocolate Big Train mix, (along with the milk and crushed ice). They were very popular.

If you can make your own syrups, which can be a big production, you'll like the result better. But if you use bottled syrups, be prepared for an obvious artificial taste. Big Train may be worth considering.

Rose

jaf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
CoffeeJunky
Your question is good, but I don't think to repeat me I like to know (1)who is better mixes or syrup/sauce, (2) Whichever is more economical in free coffee drinks only.

Also, I think it is a suitable option for those who cann't provide equipment at the beginning, and take this option as temporary solution.

topher and PinkRose
I'll take your opinion into consideration.

There is another option to flavour of coffee and drinks are using fruit puree and nuts paste. what your opinion in this option also?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Pink Rose. In my shop we use Low fat yogurt, Ghiradelli[FONT=arial, sans-serif]chocolate, monin syrups, coffee ice cubes and espresso. I'm telling you it blows big train out of the water! [/FONT]

jaf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm familiar with the Big Train mixes for smoothies. The cafe where I used to work used Big Train for about 4 years and then, because it was less expensive, they switched to using syrups instead (Torani, DaVinci, etc.) There was an obvious drop in sales when that happened, so they really didn't end up saving any money.

I liked the way the Big Train mixes tasted - it was much better than the syrup method. The smoothies made with the Big Train strawberry mix tasted like strawberry, but the syrups made them taste like cough medicine. The smoothies made with the hazelnut and vanilla Big Train mixes were always popular, and many people asked for a shot of espresso in them.

The iced mocas were blended using a shot of espresso and the chocolate Big Train mix, (along with the milk and crushed ice). They were very popular.

If you can make your own syrups, which can be a big production, you'll like the result better. But if you use bottled syrups, be prepared for an obvious artificial taste. Big Train may be worth considering.

Rose

If toy can write more ideas and recipes with big train?

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
have not tried big company mixes before. but will do as your post made me curious on what their mixed have to offer :).

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Flori,

Do you own a coffee shop?

I haven't been able to find the Big Train mixes in small quantities. I have a few customers who LOVED the smoothies when we made them with the Big Train mixes, and they've asked me to find where they could buy it for home use. I've even offered to make the smoothies for them if they bring me the mix, but from what I can see, it looks like they'd need to buy a 3 pound bag (for about $20 on-line). I don't think it's available in smaller quantities.

Rose

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Of all mixes on the market I found Big Train to be top dog. I used a combination of base mix (powder), sauce and espresso for top notch drink quality and our customers agreed.

I would never rely on just the base mix, ice and milk for a great drink to serve. No way it comes close to using fresh espresso and other ingredients.

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Adding mixtures to coffee is very essential to make it tasty. But bear in mind that it depends also in your customer's preference. There are those people who are health conscious and prefer to drink pure coffee without mixtures.

If there are some who try to order free coffee with mixture, then that is a part of your business to provide them too. But the bottom line is, coffee is the best for commercial with or without mixtures, since it is now the number one choice of the new generation.

Last edited:

jaf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Adding mixtures to coffee is very essential to make it tasty. But bear in mind that it depends also in your customer's preference. There are those people who are health conscious and prefer to drink pure coffee without mixtures.

If there are some who try to order free coffee with mixture, then that is a part of your business to provide them too. But the bottom line is, coffee is the best for commercial with or without mixtures, since it is now the number one choice of the new generation.
Yes, I agree with your opinion, The use of mixtures in the coffee gives taste much better without the powder, as well as Frappe free coffee.
After I enter the market I know a lot of brands like Big Train Cappuccine, Cool capp .... etc. But do you think what is best brand and why?