Iced canned coffee

mikewier

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Most Asian supermarkets and variety stores carry Iced Coffee in the cooler in cans. The stuff makes a very refreshing cool drink. Any brand I have tasted in the past tastes fine, however recently I have found out that I am diabetic and must avoid sugar. I look for a sugar-free brand but have yet to find one. If anybody knows of one in the Toronto area, please tell us where it can be obtained. If such a thing is not made yet, it should be. Diet pop every time is boring. So Mr Brown, Hello Boss or whatever brand you are get with it and make a sugar-free variety of ice-cold coffee.

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Can't Find Any- Drat!

I love iced coffee, and I hate sugar, too! I can't believe no sugar free canned iced coffee is available, but I've yet to find any, either. I'll bet it must be a product in development, with the recent low-carb craze! Just have to keep making it myself!

Perhaps we should whip some up and go into business ourselves!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
ummm!!!Coffee that is brewed days...months...even years ago..filled with sugar and flavorings to mask the flavor of stale coffee!! Man I think I am going to go to the store and get me one of dem starburnt frapin-chinos...sorry I hate coffee that is not fresh..I drink lots of iced coffee....hot coffee over ice! It is great with Glayva(sweetend Scotch whiskey) Sorry bout my sarcasm! :oops:

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Fresh is best!

I agree, fresh is best! But there are times when one doesn't have access to fresh brewed coffee- that's where the canned stuff comes in! A poor substitute, I agree, but, perhaps, better than nada!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
to each their own...I would rather go with out if it is not of the highest quality....then again I am spoiled...and man do I sound like a coffee snob...by parents have a hard time believing that I am a coffee roaster because they never see me drink coffee when we go out to dinner..but like I said I am not going to put my taste buds through the agony of nasty ass old...sat on the burner for 4 hours coffee. :evil:

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Bad Coffee

Yeah, I know what you mean about restaurant coffee! I've been burned plenty of times by risking the local brew, but, I guess I'm just a Type T personality when it comes to coffee!

I don't know that the unsweetened or sugar-free canned iced stuff would fly, but I'd be willing to give at try.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
welll.....don't put your last dime on it...save it for freshly prepared coffee(plus it wont sell)...buy the way went to a really kewl new coffee shop today..see even when I am not working I do go out every once in a while to pay for coffee! Had a double espresso and my friend had a mocha...wife and kid where happy with a cookie! To be honest the coffee at this place isn't exactly the best...but the atmosphere rocks!!! It has such a warm feeling! Sorry now I am rambling...no more coffee for me..pass the scotch please!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Sugar Free/Low Carb Iced Coffee

Dunno 'bout the "won't sell" thing. These days anything low carb has a pretty good pre-made market. I think it has potential. Just wait till Starbucks comes out with one, and watch the sales soar!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Eureka!

Well, it's been done, now. Dunno if this one'll make it, being made of a bunch of suspicous sounding chemicals and whatnot. But here's one, anyway:

"Mocha Java Coffee Drink with 20 grams of Protein & 19 Essential Vitamins! Only 5 Carbs!

1 bottle (9.5floz) serving size

Ingredients:
Water, ultrafiltered milk protein concentrate, colombian coffee (water, coffee), carageenan, vitamin & mineral blend (palmitate, vitamin e acetate, cholecalciferol, d-biotin, folic acid, niacinamide, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamin mononitrate, cyanocobalamin, pyridoxine hcl, sodium ascorbate, phytonadione, chromium chloride, potassium iodide, manganese sulfate, magnesium oxide, sodium molybdate, sodium selenite, zinc oxide), sodium chloride, caffeine, natural & artificial flavors, sucralose, acesulfamek-k.

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size 1 Bottle (9.5floz): Calories 120, Calories from Fat 3g, Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrates 5g, Sugar 3.5g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 20g.
Vitamin A 25%, Calcium 25%, Vitamin C 25%, Vitamin D 25%, Vitamin E 45%, Folic Acid 45%, Vitamin B1 25%, Vitamin B6 25%, Vitamin B12 25%, Vitmain K1 25%, Biotin 25%, Pantothenic Acid 25%, Iron 25%, Magnesium 25%, Zinc 25%, Selenium 25%, Manganese 20%, Chromium 30%, Molybdenum 25%."

And a link for those daring enough to try it!:

http://www.alacarb.com/product-detail.p ... 5756200012

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Not really coffee at all

Now that I really read about this glop, it appears it's not really coffee at all, but coffee-flavored protein/lipid/carb water....

So, I guess the real thing is still up for grabs, AFAIK.