Alcohol drinks with coffee any suggestions?

Bob_E

Dec 14, 2013
Michigan
Visit site
A shot of whiskey, rum, or brandy can go good in a cup of coffee.
Coffee also goes pretty good in a porter or a stout, but the coffee is usually added to the beer during fermentation...
I've never tried it before, but now that I'm thinking about it, a shot of espresso in a cup of eggnog would probably be pretty good. Call it a White out, white eye, red nose, a rudolph...

Zimmy

Dec 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Espresso is great in eggnog and in stouts... just watch out for the balloon of carbonation that may occur when combining...

We make Black Russians with cold brew concentrate... Kaluah, vodka, cold brew... Easy and wonderful...

Happy Holidays!

Chris Zimmerman
Co-Owner/Operator Ellipsis Coffeehouse

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
being a bartender for way too long i have a few that work well with coffee. Theres the usual suspects, Irish(Jameson whiskey),highland(scotch),jamican(dark rum),french(brandy) justto name a few. All can be made with a double espresso topped with hot water but work well from a press too. Just add brown sugar to sweeten and float some cream(whipped then add pouring cream) to finish. For a pre dinner drink its gotta be the espresso martini. 16oz martini glass with sugar rim,double espresso,vanilla vodka and kahlua.Shaken and strained...but it does pack a bit of a kick and will probably keep you up all night:)
btw a standard shot of alcohol is 35.5ml:)

jaredgibson87

Sep 19, 2012
Decatur, Alabama
Visit site
I'm tolerant of Baileys and loathe Kahlua. There's a vodka company called Van Gogh that has, or at least used to have (Havent been able to find it in a while), an espresso flavored vodka. For a guy that generally doesn't like flavored liquors, I liked this particular espresso vodka. They also have some off the wall flavors like PB&J and, iirc, some spicy pepper vodka. If I don't have to go to work later that day or if I just came home, sometimes I'll put a shot (or two or four) in my coffee. Generally, though, it's either straight coffee or straight liquor :D

RodriguezKaffe

Jan 15, 2014
California
Visit site
I agree with Bob_E. Although I don't drink very often, a little whiskey/scotch in my cup of coffee gives it a nice kick. I don't mean cheap scotch either! Lol. A decent priced, aged scotch/whiskey is good. I just recently tried Sheep Dip (aged 10-14 years I believe) from BevMo. It's not too bad alone or with coffee.

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
You can choose Frangelico for the nutty flavor. Kahlua can be a good partner for coffee because it adds sweetness and extra bit of roasted flavor. Drinking Amaretto having almond flavor which is subtle can be defuse if you have strong coffee.