Latte and added sugar?

darticus

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
If you want a sweet latte do you stir sugar in at the end after foam or during the making? Is there a liquid sugar to use so you don't have to stir? New to this, Thanks Ron

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I would add it into the espresso, in the empty cup before the shot. If I'm using syrup or chocolate powder that's when it's added. I think it was eldub who suggested making a simple syrup and using that rather than straight sugar.

darticus

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Is liquid sugar of sugar syrup Kayro Syrup? If not do they sell a pure liquid sugar? Thanks Ron

I would add it into the espresso, in the empty cup before the shot. If I'm using syrup or chocolate powder that's when it's added. I think it was eldub who suggested making a simple syrup and using that rather than straight sugar.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
We use simple syrup for cold coffee drinks. Sugar will dissolve with no problem in a hot drink.

Ime, the customer will usually add any amount of sugar desired to the latte at a condiment station after getting served by the barista.

So, if you are making your own latte or cafe con leche, add the sugar after preparing the drink.

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Making Sugar Syrup at Home

Whether it is a hot beverage or any iced drink, you need not struggle to dissolve sugar granules anymore. Follow these 5 steps to prepare the liquid sugar which can be dissolved very quickly.

Step 1: Take an empty saucepan.
Step 2: Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar.
Step 3: Heat the saucepan.
Step 4: Stir the mixture of water and sugar until all the sugar granules are dissolved.
Step 5: Cool the solution thus made.

Excuse me if everybody already knows how to make it. I just hope it might be useful for someone. :smile:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
one important tip is never bring this to boil. You want the sugar to dissolve not burn.
I would use medium heat and when you see some bubbles, turn the heat down to low. and finish the process.

good Luck