How much sugar do you take in a cup of coffee?

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello there,

I take three teaspoons of sugar in my coffee every morning. The size is 4.2 grams hence that gives me about 48 calories. :smile: How much sugar do you take?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Non. I feel great coffee doesn't need sugar or cream. That being said, whenever I give out coffee samples I tell people to drink it how they like it. I will not get offended if you put cream and sugar in it. Too many times people have said the coffee was ok...as they make a stink face. When they fix it up they way they usually take it...they love it.

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
Hello there,

I take three teaspoons of sugar in my coffee every morning. The size is 4.2 grams hence that gives me about 48 calories. :smile: How much sugar do you take?
you must be of latin decent:smile: in Lima, Peru, 3 teaspoons is the norm. i like to drink my my coffee with just a 1/4 tsp. of sugar and a tad of cream. when i'm on the road, i just drink it black.

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I never had coffee without sugar!

I had a cup of tea without sugar once. It was horrible! When I took the first sip I was like, Jesus Christ :shock: why am I doing this to myself?! Somehow I gulped down that tea into my remorseful stomach. Every sip was like a tank full of mud flavored hot water. Well, that was like 2 years ago. I never took tea since that incident. But frankly speaking, I really want to try coffee without sugar someday.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm not a tea drinker, but when I'm in a situation where I'm basically obliged to have a cup of tea with someone (my grandmother or an elderly aunt) I use a lot of sugar to help me get it down. I also politely turn down a second cup. I don't drink iced tea either, unless there is nothing else around (and then I really load it up with sweetener)

I've gotten used to drinking coffee black. But, sometimes I prefer to add some Splenda and half and half, especially when I'm in a restaurant where the coffee isn't as good as I'd like it to be.

Rose

BlueMoods

Feb 1, 2014
USA
Visit site
It depends on the coffee. My own at home none, just about a TBS of real dairy cream. (grew up on a farm so have to have my real cream.) Some needs a tsp or a tad less to be palatable so, I will add sugar when dining out, if the coffee needs it.

stephen12

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I didn't drink coffee, but whenever I make a coffee for my father, I'm putting 2 tbsp of sugar, but sometimes, my father is adding 1 tbsp. I think, it is too sweet and I don't like its taste.

Last edited: