Nitro cold brew

coffeecharles

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I saw a video on YouTube of cold brew from a keg that had a head and cascade like a stout beer and it had me very curus. Does anyone know if this is nitrogen or beer gas? How could I replicate in my kegerator.

thanks
chuck

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Chuck,

I just had that over the weekend.
It is not Nitrogen or Gas but pressured pump on the keg.
I had this and taste was amazing.
It had very smooth like dark beer and you need to brew coffee much more heavy.
If you have further questions, let me know. I am actually going to be adding this to my menu at my shop.

coffeecharles

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I have heard of a couple places using nitrogen. And seen videos where the tap is directly attached to the keg and only gas tank hooked to inlet. How would I use a pump? Thanks

Chuck,

I just had that over the weekend.
It is not Nitrogen or Gas but pressured pump on the keg.
I had this and taste was amazing.
It had very smooth like dark beer and you need to brew coffee much more heavy.
If you have further questions, let me know. I am actually going to be adding this to my menu at my shop.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
The keg comes with pressure pump built in. This will allow user to pump the air in and you can see the pressure gage to know how much pressure to put in.
I saw and tasted Nitro Coffee. They are nice but air pressure does the same.

coffeecharles

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. What pressure is required?

The keg comes with pressure pump built in. This will allow user to pump the air in and you can see the pressure gage to know how much pressure to put in.
I saw and tasted Nitro Coffee. They are nice but air pressure does the same.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Not sure about coffee, but Nitro beer is awesome. I even just had Left Hands Wake the Dead Imperial. At Oskar Blues brewery they had their normal beers, and then same variations nitro trapped, same beer totally different taste/mouth feel.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I want to make correction. I thought coffee I was talking about was air pressured coffee but in fact it is nitro coffee.
I will be learning this and I will help people who would want to add this to their shop....

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I setup a a nitro system a few months ago in the rough stages. Used a Perlick Stout tap, ordered my 5 gallon tank and accessories from Northern Brewer. You can use a kegerator if you have one but I plan on having a triple tap setup. You have to use food grade Nitrogen which is available at most gas suppliers that fill CO2 tanks. I set my pressure at 40lbs. Spend a couple of buck more and purchase a dual stage regulator.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Nice.... How is the responds from your customers?
What type of brew are you using, I am assuming you are using the dark roasted or espresso blend.
Lastly, what do you do for the promotions or advertizing.

Thanks.