cold brew coffee

lunfardo

May 14, 2014
Visit site
can cold brew coffee be drank straight if one reheats it in the microwave? im going to make cold brew coffee concéntrate with one pound of coffee and a ratio of .56 gallon or 2.1198306 liters of wáter. i plan to leave it steeping for about 24 hours the máximum. after that and straining it, can i drink it straight if by drinking only one cup, can i put that cup in the microwave or will that ruin the taste of it???? will heating a cup of cold brew coffee in the microwave ruin the taste or not? can a serious coffee lover please tell me. rsvp. thank you.

lunfardo

May 14, 2014
Visit site
well, all i need to know is if one serving or cup can be heated up in microwave or will this ruin the taste????? simple yes or no would be fine. rsvp. thank you.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Lunfardo,

Why would you want to go to all the trouble of making cold brewed coffee concentrate and then want to heat it in the microwave?

Since reheating hot coffee in the microwave alters the taste (not in a good way), I imagine that heating cold brewed concentrate in the microwave wouldn't be a good idea.

If you decide to experiment and try to do it, please let us know how it works out for you.

Rose

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
well, i just wanted your opinión you guys. thats all. the rest is history. 1989.

I have no clue what that's supposed to mean.

One thing you'll discover about this Coffee Forum is that there are a wide variety of opinions here. Just consider each one and then make up your own mind.

We can learn a lot by asking questions and experimenting.

Rose

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
LOL This sounds like the type of question the guy wanting to know if it was OK to take his fart joke vid to a job interview would ask.

Concentrate on the concentrate…..