Drink measurements

miguel_ang16

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
hi guys!

i just wanna ask about the 16oz measurements of iced latte, coffee blended and non-coffee beverages? coz i have lots of mistakes and spoilage when doing it… sometimes, my milk on my iced latte is more than the measurement so what is happening is that the excess FLAVORED milk on my shaker i dispose or discard it.

so with my blended measurement, every time i blend 2cups of ice, 3oz of milk, 1oz of syrup and 1oz espresso.. i always get "liquidy" result drink, =( hope everybody can help me..

16oz iced LATTE:

ICE =2cups
Milk = ?
SYrup/Sauce = ?
Espresso = ?

16oz Coffee-based blended:

ice = 2cups
milk = ?
syrup/sauce = ?
espresso = 1oz

CoffeeQueen86

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
16oz iced latte: I fill the cup about half full of milk, add two shots of espresso, and then top it with ice. We don't use a shaker, we have stir spoons. If they want a flavor, we do 4 pumps of syrup. If it's a mocha, we use one less pump of the sauce.

For a blended 16oz drink, we have a powder espresso base we use to give that "shake" consistency. I use two scoops of the base, add a full cup of ice, then fill with milk until it reaches about the top of the ice, and then blend. If they want additional espresso shots, add it BEFORE the ice, into the powder, then add the ice, use less milk, and blend. If they are getting a flavor in it as well, also add less milk.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
2 cups of ice is a lot in my opinion. That is 16 oz depending on the size of your ice cube. If you are using cubelet ice then that is really a lot. I average about 6-8 oz of ice and I use 1/2 cubes or 1 cup. The bases should always be added first then topped with ice. Some drinks I mix in a shaker with ice, strain into a new glass/cup then add fresh ice. try different ways and see what works for you. To much ice makes a watery drink