Espresso Tonic, anyone try yet?

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
A customer that buys beans from me mentioned he was going to take over the coffee business with a new drink called Espresso Tonic. Well if you know me I had to try it.

I ordered the special over priced tonic water and it showed up today.

This drink is 6oz tonic water, ice and then a double espresso shot. (in that order)

This is what to looks like, please let me know what your think for those that have tried it. I will leave my comments out until Topher and I do an "Official Review"

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Actually, I tried a lot of those in China and Hong Kong. it comes in a can (kind of skinny can like red bull).
I believe that UCC makes them along with few other local Chinese brands.
it tasted just like .... 7 up + espresso = sweet sparking coffee drink.
it was more like "soda" than real coffee.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
so its turns out to be a 5/6.00 espresso!! Great ingredient list but I feel the espresso will kill most of the flavors of the tonic water. Will have to pick up a real good bottle of Gin and make my judgement!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
what kind of Gin are we buying? A quality Vodka would go great also! We have an Organic Potato Vodka brewery up here! It has a Polish / Russian twist....not sure what that means

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I have intentions to when this build out is complete!! At least a bottle of each, Gin and Vodka, only to see which one will taste better with this new over the top tonic water!!