cold brew and nitro

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Been keeping busy here the last few months with a little side project. Cold brew anf iced coffee played a big part over the summer but it was a little too ordinary for my liking:) Got talking to my supplier and somehow talked him into giving me a corner at the coffee/tea festival that just finished up here in Dublin.
After a few weeks of late nights and general mad scientist work I finished up with a working model with a few hours to spare.
Ive seen a few posts here already so im not gonna bore you guys with the details but it went down really well at the show. Few pics added;)

Attachments

• 20140913_121106.jpg
    20140913_121106.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 244

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpxzvIeHaKQ&feature=youtu.be

I might as well try and keep all my nitro posts on the one post otherwise I'm gonna end up bouncing all over the place:) All in I've probably got the best part of 4/5 months worth of work into my nitro setup so far and it still needs a little work! The conclusion I've come to is I need to forget what I think I know about cold coffee and start from scratch. Coffee on tap is new...ish, it's supposed to be different. I found that it does loose a little something when added nitrogen so the plan now is to start fresh with beans and see what I can do to give it back some character! Flavored syrups would be the easy way out so I'm leaning towards freshly infused sugar syrups and spices,possibly grains. There's also the question of whether or not to add heat at some point of the brewing. Am gonna put together a few more videos over the next few weeks, feel free to comment or suggest possible ways to improve on things:)