Anyone else loves froth in their coffee?

sherezada

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I basically drink more froth than coffee. LOL! I've spent so much money on different gadgets trying to get foam in my coffee but was never successful. I was so surprised to find out that my simple french press was the best tool for this! I can make tons of froth in no time. And the best part is it works on milk, coffee with milk/cream, hot chocolate (chocolate-flavored froth!)...I think as long as there is dairy in you drink it will work, even cold.
coffee.jpg

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was looking for the same thing.

SingleMaltKaffe

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I like froth and depending on my drink preference mood at home, I use the Aerolatte or do a "shake it up baby now" in my Thermos Sipp Tumbler.

That's all.

cafeluxehome

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, having froth in my coffee excites me. There's a lot of milk frother or foam maker available online (like in amazon) which gives the best froth in your coffee. You need to try it.

SultanBrunei

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
What would be the differences in terms of end product for making froth in manual whisk steel jar vs battery handheld milk frother ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Should be the same if you an incorporate the same amount of air into the milk with both methods. Bear in mind, this won't be the same as using steam from a steam wand on an espresso machine.

SultanBrunei

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Can I make a good milk froth by using this technique?
1. Pour milk into milk jug, put thermometer
2. Fill soup pot with water, heat up
3. Put milk jug inside the soup pot
(This is to heat the milk to 140F)
4. Monitor until milk temperature almost reach 140F, and then lift milk jug
5. Whisk using manual whisk jar or handheld milk frother

Would it give me the same quality milk froth as one from steam wand? (In terms of consistency, foam, and sweetness)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
You could put the milk directly into a microwaveable container (tall mug, or glass measuring cup, etc) Then microwave the milk to heat it. With a little bit of practice, you'll know just how much milk to use and how long to microwave it to get it to 140 degrees, or wherever you want it to be.

Then, you could use your handheld milk frother to froth up the milk right in the container. It will be warm, and have the sweetness of warm milk. The foam won't stay foamy for long, though. You'll need to use it right away.

SultanBrunei

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
You could put the milk directly into a microwaveable container (tall mug, or glass measuring cup, etc) Then microwave the milk to heat it. With a little bit of practice, you'll know just how much milk to use and how long to microwave it to get it to 140 degrees, or wherever you want it to be.

Then, you could use your handheld milk frother to froth up the milk right in the container. It will be warm, and have the sweetness of warm milk. The foam won't stay foamy for long, though. You'll need to use it right away.

Most of milk frothing guides I saw on the net, told me to make the froth first from cold milk, and then put the milk container in microwave for around 30 secs.

What would be the difference if I put the milk into heat first then froth, or froth cold milk first then heat it in microwave...?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Most of milk frothing guides I saw on the net, told me to make the froth first from cold milk, and then put the milk container in microwave for around 30 secs.

What would be the difference if I put the milk into heat first then froth, or froth cold milk first then heat it in microwave...?

You can always try doing it both ways and see for yourself.

Latest posts