Best shelf stable or non-dairy creamer?

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
We are looking to sell our coffee at a local farmers market and we can avoid getting a mobile vendor's license if just use a self stable or non-dairy creamer (anything non-refrigerated).

I've always found these products to negatively affect the taste of coffee, but people usually buy the cheapest stuff so maybe there is something out there we just don't know about.

Any thoughts (aside from people shouldn't ruin coffee with cream?)? Specific brands will help.

Thanks!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Land 'O Lakes Mini Moo's don't have to be refrigerated, and people seem to like using them. Actually, many people prefer using them instead of using half and half or milk in their coffee.

I would stay away from the powdered stuff.

seeingcoffee

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I second Rose's suggestion. I have used them for events in the past and have received positive feedback.

Mocha Mix and the powdered stuff are primarily made with hydrogenated oil. I wouldn't offer it to my worst enemy (well, I might), but you get the picture. I'd avoid using anything in that category -- as it will undermine any high quality coffee you offer.