My fav coffee - What's yours?

johnnyd77

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm canadian, therefore it means that I have my own special coffee recipe that I drink every morning. I'm fortunate enough to have a super automatic espresso machine (Saeco Vienna).

So here is my recipe (simple, but damn good).

Regular latte with 100% canadian made maple syrup, with vanilla flavored milk froth (I use vanilla seed).

I'm sure you guys probbaly have something even more exotic recipe wise. Let me know :)

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
currently I am at Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, studying Spanish with my son and working in my company in the afternoon.

So, before our spanish class begins, I stop by at Cafe Armonia to have a latte (always with one extra shot). Now, they have beans from Atitlan area and they are very good.

in the afternoon, when I arrive to my company, Michelle (our receptionist & Barista) always makes me Chemex. Now, we have SHB (Bourbon) from out own farm in Zunil, so we are using them for ourselves and also for local sales. About 83 points. I can not say the coffee is GREAT, but still way better than most of coffee that I get from USA.

I got some Pacamara Natural left over from the cupping session with Honeybee Roasters few days ago.
I am planning to do some experiments next Monday. That would be interesting.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm canadian, therefore it means that I have my own special coffee recipe that I drink every morning. I'm fortunate enough to have a super automatic espresso machine (Saeco Vienna).

So here is my recipe (simple, but damn good).

Regular latte with 100% canadian made maple syrup, with vanilla flavored milk froth (I use vanilla seed).

I'm sure you guys probbaly have something even more exotic recipe wise. Let me know :)

I have to say that I thought it was strange when I saw someone put ground pepper into his cup of coffee, and when I saw another person put honey into his coffee . . . . and now after reading this post, maple syrup has made the list.

Rose

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
he is Canadian. I am guessing from "maple syrup" thing, probably, he is from Quebec or Montreal or around that area.
half of all the souvenirs in those areas are made from Maple trees, candy, syrup, chocolate...etc
he must be from those areas.

3rdSpace

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Can't go wrong with a Long Black! My go to unless I am in the mood for something sweet, then I grab a reg. latte with an extra shot and a little English Toffee and Irish Creme.

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
I worked on the North Slope of Alaska (Prudhoe Bay) in 1969 and got into the habit of putting honey in my otherwise black coffee. It's kind of an extra shot of energy - necessary in cold weather. I think it's very good that way and on occasion I still do it - assuming I'm in the mood for something sweet...

kestogie

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I use an Aeropress with a super fine grind... is almost espresso i am guessing... I have never heard on anyone using butter in coffee b4. Not knocking it as I have never tried it.

johnnyd77

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
he is Canadian. I am guessing from "maple syrup" thing, probably, he is from Quebec or Montreal or around that area.
half of all the souvenirs in those areas are made from Maple trees, candy, syrup, chocolate...etc
he must be from those areas.

Thats about right :)

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
My favorite coffee is espresso. I loved it and I used to have it whenever I feel tired. Good thing about Espresso is that it is less harmful in comparison to others because it is without sugar and milk.

johneaton

Jan 10, 2016
jonesboro, arkansas
Visit site
I don't ever know what I'm having until my espresso warms up, and I walk up to it and have to make a decision. It could be a straight black, maybe a latte or capp., or maybe an Americano. I sometimes decide when I see how my espresso runs. If I get the "godshot" then it's a straight black.