Hot Foods

J

Jefe

I want to add some kind of hot foods to my kiosk. Anyone try doing this kind of thing? I have limited space and power. Ideas?
Thanks!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
why not do eggs on croissant with cheese..easy...you steam 2 eggs in a steaming pitcher with a dab of half and half....while steaming move the pitcher round and round...this will make the perfect scrambled egg...you can get any where from $3.50- $5.00 per sandwhich....you can also get creative by adding sun dried tomato pr chives to the raw egg. Just have a wet bar towl ready for when you are done steaming to clean for easy clean up.

kcooley

Sep 20, 2008
Richmon, TX
Visit site
question about croissants

Hi Topher,

This is an old topic, but I have a question.

I actually made a couple ham, egg, cheese croissants today because my plain croissants weren't selling. Anyway, I am planning on keeping them in the fridge and then heating them up when sold. Is this what you would recommend, or would you make them fresh each time they are ordered? It seems like that would take a while...

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
is that allowed by the health dept to make eggs like that?

I mean, we don't have a microwave at our coffee house and will carry a very limited menu. one sandwich.

I think I'll do that to feed myself.
How long do you froth the eggs for?

kcooley

Sep 20, 2008
Richmon, TX
Visit site
I made 4 croissants the first day and they all sold... 6 the second day and they all sold. Just sold 1 today, but I sold a lot more of the sweeter pastries today. Im thinking maybe people think friday is an OK day to have junk food. (Not that ham, egg, and cheese, is a much healthier option... :) ) Anyway, I don't know if the health department is ok with it. I figure it's better to apologize than ask permission. I can't see why not, but the microwave I'm using isn't NSF, so that may be an issue.

I tried using the steam wand and it did make a good egg. It was VERY messy though and it took a lot longer than i would have thought.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Topher,

When you wrote, "You steam 2 eggs in a steaming pitcher with a dab of half and half....while steaming move the pitcher round and round...this will make the perfect scrambled egg," I thought you were kidding, but now I'm not sure.

Do you actually use your espresso machine's steaming wand to make scrambled eggs? I would think that no matter how many times you blow the steam through it, the wand would still get crusty and clogged after a while.

It certainly is a very creative way to make a scrambled egg!

Rose

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
I tried making the scrambled eggs with a frothing tin and it was actually gross. No offense, I make have done it incorrectly but, the smell was so horrendous emanating from the semi runny cooked eggs. I had to throw it out. I am scared to try it again. Can someone else try it and see if they succeed? LOL. My stomach still churns at the thought of the smell.

There is one breakfast bagel I think I will try in the future and you don't need to add eggs. bagel, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, already cooked bacon, tomato and pop it in the microwave.

The croissant is a great way to make a breakfast menu with. I think you can microwave eggs too. soft boil them at home, bring them in, slice and add. contemplating..