In a relationship with coffee?

kedgemmg

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi dear coffee addicts,

I was discussing with friends and we figured out that we all like coffee for different reasons. So I was wondering how coffee makes you feel. Would love to hear about the different ways of consumption of each of you.
Thanks for your answers!

Steenway45

Aug 19, 2015
Carbondale, CO
Visit site
It's a love hate relationship for me. Love b/c when it's hot a prepared right it's very enjoyable; caffeine boost notwithstanding. But I hate it b/c when it's bad there's nothing more annoying; burnt, or weak, or sour or bitter. I think the key is to find that acceptable range where coffee remains delicious then once it's past the prime to just let go the way of the drain.

Oleka2K

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I heard morning coffee is addiction. I dunno but nothing like my morning coffee... I drink coffee at all hours, I normally drive 4 cups a day. I find I have a odd coffee mug obsession as well. I am at the store and I see a cool mug I have to buy it! I don't drink for the boost I drink because I love the taste of my coffee. I drink verdanda by starbucks I have figured out how to make it just right and I have yet to find any other coffee as yummy. However, I like trying other favors and brands when I get the chance to find it at my local store.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Coffee is a total sensory turn on for me...the smell of a shot of espresso being prepared, or coffee beans being roasted; the taste of all the different incarnations of coffee; how coffee makes me feel energized and alert; the feel of the bean and the preparations; the sounds of preparing coffee; the sight of the coffee drinks and latte art; the ambiance and dynamics of a coffee house; the One World appeal as every culture and ethnic origin is involved in some way with rituals and traditions about the bean. For me it's a love love relationship...just sayin'!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Coffee is a total sensory turn on for me...the smell of a shot of espresso being prepared, or coffee beans being roasted; the taste of all the different incarnations of coffee; how coffee makes me feel energized and alert; the feel of the bean and the preparations; the sounds of preparing coffee; the sight of the coffee drinks and latte art; the ambiance and dynamics of a coffee house; the One World appeal as every culture and ethnic origin is involved in some way with rituals and traditions about the bean. For me it's a love love relationship...just sayin'!

Nicely done!

I'm sure many of us share your feelings, but find it difficult to put it into words.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words PR. Because I rarely get an opportunity to bring this up, and not to toot my own horn, but one of my proudest moments in my college experience was when I got the only A in a creative writing class taught by a graduate student who went on to her first job as a freshman writing instructor at Harvard University. Not too shabby for a Peaberry...lol!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words PR. Because I rarely get an opportunity to bring this up, and not to toot my own horn, but one of my proudest moments in my college experience was when I got the only A in a creative writing class taught by a graduate student who went on to her first job as a freshman writing instructor at Harvard University. Not too shabby for a Peaberry...lol!

Nice!

Some people know how to write, but they're not very creative.
some people are creative, but they don't know how to write.

You are very good at both..... Thanks for sharing one of your proudest moments.

johneaton

Jan 10, 2016
jonesboro, arkansas
Visit site
In my youth, coffee was one of the four food goups. You have your coffee, chocolate, beer, and pizza. Now that I'm older, and wiser, coffee is the only one of the big four that I kept. I don't feel that I have to have it to wake up; in fact, I can drink a large coffee and go to sleep w/ the cup in my hand. I simply love it. It completes my morning; it completes my midday; it completes my evening. I don't even know why; it just does.