What will coffee taste if we add Vodka in?

wscafe

In this morning, I met a coffee lover from Ukraine. He told me that some Russian coffee fans even add Vodka wine into their coffee to blend a very unique coffee taste. So, what would coffee taste if we add some Vodka inside the mix? As far as I've known, only Irish coffee contains Irish whiskey (a kind of wine as well). Does Vodka mixed coffee taste like Irish coffee?

araprado613

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
What I've tried before, no it does not taste like Irish coffee. I mean it's good, but there is a difference.

Here's a good recipe:

2 cups water
2 cups sugar
1/2 cupinstant coffee
1/2 chopped vanilla bean
1 1/2 cups vodka
caramel food coloring

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
I don't think it would add any flavor to the coffee. Vodka is basically a neutral taste and smell. Where do you come up with this "wine" thing?

And to go on about "Irish Coffee" ... that is just a mug of whiskey the irish drink in the wee morning hours with breakfast. Has nothing to do with coffee beans.

Len

coffeecube

Mar 15, 2016
kochi
Visit site
I have tried kask (is a scandinavian cocktail containing coffee together with moonshine or vodka) in last week. as it has no inherent taste like other alcoholic beverages.

wscafe

Wow, I am dreaming of having a cup of Karsk at a winter night especially X-mas eve. You have a cup of it here, and then look out of your window to see the clear skies with Northern lights and falling stars. Only one word: COOL:).

gsw

Jul 27, 2016
San Diego
Visit site
Are you drinking it to get drunk or for taste? IF it's latter, you probably need some sugar or other complementary flavor to boast it up. Simply coffee and vodka wouldn't be too appetizing I dont think...I could be wrong.

artiesx

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
It really depends on the vodka you're adding to your drink. I'm not a big fan of alcohol in coffee, but I was quite amused by the fact it tastes great. I used the best ukraine vodka and think it is the most optimal decision for such a purpose. It's great with other cocktails too.

maxalw

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Pure coffee with vodka not so cool. i Tried this:
1 1/2 ounces vodka
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3/4 ounce coffee liqueur

[/FONT]
[/FONT]