How many black coffee drinkers out there?

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
IMHO, if you have anything in your coffee besides coffee then what you're drinking isn't coffee. It's coffee with cream. Or coffee with sugar. Or coffee with - whatever. I just can't imagine putting anything in my coffee.

Having said that, I have to admit that when I first learned to drink coffee I could only tolerate it with double cream and double sugar. That was a good many years ago and people do tend to become smarter as they age. (I guess that makes me a genius - :p). So, now I just enjoy it black. Just for the sake of the flavor(s) of whatever bean I ground to make it.

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I drink black coffee ONLY WHEN the coffee is good enough to drink it black.
since I am coffee / caffeine addict, and since I travel a lot, it is very difficult to get good coffees that i can drink it black.
so, in China, I often drink 3 in 1 Nescafe (much worse quality than what you get in USA). In Thailand, I drink hotel instant coffee (yes, hotel restaurant serves really bad instant coffee in a big pot) with A LOT OF SUGAR AND CREAM.

That is all depends where I am at.

DiegoFjord

Jan 6, 2015
Tampa, Fl
Visit site
Alex, I wish you success in your sales in east asia so that you don't have to drink Nescafe haha.

I drink my coffee black most days. Sometimes I'll mix up my routine and I'll get a cold-brew with some cashew milk (If i plan to be working outside and want a cold beverage) or a flat white. Always from local roaster. When I started drinking coffee it was 1820 (brand) with sugar and milk. When people started talking to me about their favorite coffee I decided that additives just get in the way of observation so that is why I mostly drink black coffee. Sometimes the experience is horrible and most of the time it is okay but it is all worth it to me when I have that amazing cup.

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
I take black coffee once in a blue moon. Coffee should be good if you have to consume it black otherwise I prefer coffee with cream and two teaspoon of sugar.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Rose..I was on the same page as you. I was trying to figure out what race had to do with coffee. My bad. I drink coffee black. If I add anything its scotch. I learned years ago to not turn my nose up at people who add things to their coffee. I would do tastings at work. I would be super stoked on a new offering and would have everyone come taste it. They would sip it and have funny look on their face and say...uh yeah tasty. I started to realize they were nervous to add cream or sugar. I told them to drink it how they like it...They would add their cream or sugar and then that smile would appear.

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
I never add any sugar into my coffee. I drink only espresso, latte and black coffee. If the coffee is not good alone, i prefer to pass and wait for a better cup. I try to avoid added sugar as much as i can in everything i drink/eat.