do you add honey in your coffee?

riderpaul

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Only if I have a sore throat. Otherwise it's too much sugar, and I like to avoid that as much as possible. I think honey fits better with tea..

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I love honey and instead of sugar, I add honey to my coffee. I wonder if you guys do it too?

Hello Miridith,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

You are not alone. There are lots of people who add honey to their coffee.

Some people even use the honey spoons (spoon-shaped honey lollipops on a stick) in their coffee. They just stir it enough to sweeten the coffee as much as they want, and then use the spoon as a lollipop afterwards.

Rose

pathrunner

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I will be honest. I have never thought of adding honey instead of sugar. I make my own white mochas. I think on the next one, I am gonna try some raw blackberry honey. Thanks for the idea.

Paulmmalone

Sep 8, 2015
Austin, Texas
Visit site
I used add sugar, milk, honey..etc. But now after drink some of the best coffees in world I drink it black. Expertly fresh roasted coffees can be sweet and smooth without adding anything. Coffee is kind of like steak. If you have low quality meat you will be grabing tha A1 sauce but if it is a $50 fillet you dont need anything. It is delicious on its own.

Miridith

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I used add sugar, milk, honey..etc. But now after drink some of the best coffees in world I drink it black. Expertly fresh roasted coffees can be sweet and smooth without adding anything. Coffee is kind of like steak. If you have low quality meat you will be grabing tha A1 sauce but if it is a $50 fillet you dont need anything. It is delicious on its own.
Very true! Where do you get your coffee? Maybe I should buy some to try.

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site

Not the proper analogy. Proper would be "If you have a low quality chef you will be grabbing the A1 sauce, but if you have a high quality chef you don't need anything. A high quality chef can turn chuck into prime rib. I know quite a few wingnuts that can turn a piece of filet into a hockey puck, and only a couple people that can turn chuck into something to drool over. And of those couple of people one is me. (well, me and my BBQ).

Len