When to Drink Coffee?

Scarlett

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Most people says to drink right when you wake up, but everything else I read seems to indicate otherwise.
Was this just an old line of thinking?
Important: Stop Drinking Coffee in the Morning ?

Not the best sources, but it seems most agree that upon waking up isn't the ideal time.
This information doesn't really affect me. I'll still be drinking my coffee preworkout in the afternoon, but was just genuinely curious.

thcstephen

Sep 3, 2016
Boston, MA
Visit site
If you get enough sleep, you shouldn't feel tired as soon as you wake up. Generally I don't need my first cup until I've been up for a while and when I feel tiredness creeping up then I will start brewing.

GustavoWoltmann

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I drink coffee everyday, during break hours. Every time I'm stress with my work and my boss in the publishers company give a very stressful work. I really don't know how to stop it. I've got a friend in Panama that drinks a lot of coffee. I think his intake of coffee is greater than Water. - Gustavo Woltmann

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
When you feel lethargic, drink coffee.
When you feel sad, drink coffee.
When you feel sleepy, drink coffee.
When you feel depressed, drink coffee.
When you feel alone, drink coffee.
:p

Last edited:

coffee771

Dec 29, 2016
Texas
Visit site
Coffee is my go to drink every morning, and sometimes throughout the day if I am cold. But I drink it because I like the taste, and so much for the caffeine boost.

javacentral

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I drink mine in the morning. Primarily because I need that boost of energy and brain power when I get to work! I can function without it, it just takes me a little longer to get going.

Iven

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Time to drink coffee - as per science

Most people says to drink right when you wake up, but everything else I read seems to indicate otherwise.
Was this just an old line of thinking?

Not the best sources, but it seems most agree that upon waking up isn't the ideal time.
This information doesn't really affect me. I'll still be drinking my coffee preworkout in the afternoon, but was just genuinely curious.

Hi Scarlett, Hope you are doing good.

As per science drinking coffee in the morning is not recommended. here is why, The circadian clock or more commonly known as the internal body clock regulates the sleep-wake cycle and prompts the release of certain hormones and chemicals throughout the day. Cortisol is a hormone and its peak production occurs between 8-9am. This makes us feel more alert and attentive. Therefore, a cup of coffee consumed around that time may actually do nothing to perk you up because cortisol makes your body naturally active.

Also, caffeine may increase the production of cortisol to more than what is required which may disturb the circadian clock. After the initial burst of energy your body starts wearing down as soon as the cortisol levels slip and you may feel cheated which will tempt you to reach out for another cup (considering the first one was obviously ineffective).

What's the solution? Your cortisol level rises and dips a number of times during the day. Scientifically, it is known to plummet sometime between 9:30 to 11:30am and then again between 1:30 to 5pm. That's probably when a steaming cup of coffee could work like a charm and get you going. At other times, allow your body to naturally energize itself.

So Drink coffee as per the science and enjoy the cup with specialty coffees nearby you. As a Indian coffee lover, I prefer to drink Indian fine specialty coffees nearby my city in Marc's Cafe at Auroville, Pondicherry offering Pure organic finest coffee both in coffee beans and powder. Recently they are available for online delivery too.