White Russian Latte

Rockcreekcoffee

Dec 8, 2004
Billings, MT
Visit site
I had a customer come in my shop and order a White Russian Latte. Can anyone give me the ingredients.

I know there is White Chocolate Sauce and what else? I asked the customer if they knew what was in the drink and they didn't have a clue. I looked it up in my book of recipes for drinks - but no luck.

Thank you

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Torani makes a kalua syrup, this may be what they wanted. I know they make a B52 syrup as well. My personal favorite is a gin and tonic mocha though. :)

Peg ... you must have something under the counter for these customers ... "I'll have a "white russian latte" *wink wink*

bt

Marcy

Mar 21, 2005
The Netherlands
Visit site
Rockcreekcoffee said:
I had a customer come in my shop and order a White Russian Latte. Can anyone give me the ingredients.

I know there is White Chocolate Sauce and what else? I asked the customer if they knew what was in the drink and they didn't have a clue. I looked it up in my book of recipes for drinks - but no luck.

Thank you

Hi there :)

It's my first post here so I hope that I start off on the right foot :)

One of my favourite cocktails is Black Russian which consists of Vodka & Kahlua. A White Russia is a Black Russian plus milk. The next time you see a bottle of Kahlua, look on the back for the recipe.

In coffee terms, I would imagine that a Black Russian special coffee would be 1-2 part(s) coffee to 1 part Vodka & 1 part Kahlua. For a White Russian which technically already contains milk, I imagine it to be a Black Russian + Latte Macchiato. If I were to make it, I would first pour the Vodka, then the Kahlua, then the foamed/steamed milk on the back of a spoon so that it sits on top of the alcohol, wait 30 seconds, then pour in the espresso. It should hopefully make a pretty layer in the glass. :)

In this part of Europe, there's not much of "syrups" going in the drinks yet; however, I understand that the majority of North American coffee houses tend to be non-alcoholic, so I hope that they have those flavours in the non-alcoholic versions.

Cheers,
Marcy

Brandiss

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
this does not have to do with the white russian but i was curious if there was a drink called a Nirvana in this drink book of yours?

luvncoffee

Jun 9, 2005
Idaho
Visit site
white russian latte

I always get my flavor's sugar free. Alot of places don't cary SF kaluah. to make it you can put coffee flavor and vanilla. FYI. Also I was surprised to find out that a lot of places don't have the vodka syrup either. They use white choc sauce and kaluah with a splash of coconut. I don't know... Everyone makes it different it seams. I hardly get it the same each time if I order one out of town.

CafeIzzy

Nov 17, 2005
Georgia
Visit site
Re: white russian latte

luvncoffee said:
I always get my flavor's sugar free. Alot of places don't cary SF kaluah. to make it you can put coffee flavor and vanilla. FYI. Also I was surprised to find out that a lot of places don't have the vodka syrup either. They use white choc sauce and kaluah with a splash of coconut. I don't know... Everyone makes it different it seams. I hardly get it the same each time if I order one out of town.

You can get the SF Kahlua from WalMart (they carry it here)...ask you Wal-Mart GM to order it for you... this one is very accomodating.