White Russian Latte

I had a customer come in my shop and order a White Russian Latte. Can anyone give me the ingredients.

I know there is White Chocolate Sauce and what else? I asked the customer if they knew what was in the drink and they didn't have a clue. I looked it up in my book of recipes for drinks - but no luck.

Thank you

Torani makes a kalua syrup, this may be what they wanted. I know they make a B52 syrup as well. My personal favorite is a gin and tonic mocha though.

Peg ... you must have something under the counter for these customers ... "I'll have a "white russian latte" *wink wink*

bt
    Bellissimo Coffee InfoGroup
    American Barista & Coffee School
    Expert Coffee Business Consulting, On-site or Espresso Lab Professional Barista Training!

Re: White Russian Latte

Quote Originally Posted by Rockcreekcoffee
    I had a customer come in my shop and order a White Russian Latte. Can anyone give me the ingredients.

I know there is White Chocolate Sauce and what else? I asked the customer if they knew what was in the drink and they didn't have a clue. I looked it up in my book of recipes for drinks - but no luck.

Thank you
    Hi there

It's my first post here so I hope that I start off on the right foot

One of my favourite cocktails is Black Russian which consists of Vodka & Kahlua. A White Russia is a Black Russian plus milk. The next time you see a bottle of Kahlua, look on the back for the recipe.

In coffee terms, I would imagine that a Black Russian special coffee would be 1-2 part(s) coffee to 1 part Vodka & 1 part Kahlua. For a White Russian which technically already contains milk, I imagine it to be a Black Russian + Latte Macchiato. If I were to make it, I would first pour the Vodka, then the Kahlua, then the foamed/steamed milk on the back of a spoon so that it sits on top of the alcohol, wait 30 seconds, then pour in the espresso. It should hopefully make a pretty layer in the glass.

In this part of Europe, there's not much of "syrups" going in the drinks yet; however, I understand that the majority of North American coffee houses tend to be non-alcoholic, so I hope that they have those flavours in the non-alcoholic versions.

Cheers,
    Marcy

this does not have to do with the white russian but i was curious if there was a drink called a Nirvana in this drink book of yours?

Yummers!

White Russian latte is espresso, steamed milk, kahlua syrup and white chocolate.

Enjoy!

Sounds yummy

white russian latte

I always get my flavor's sugar free. Alot of places don't cary SF kaluah. to make it you can put coffee flavor and vanilla. FYI. Also I was surprised to find out that a lot of places don't have the vodka syrup either. They use white choc sauce and kaluah with a splash of coconut. I don't know... Everyone makes it different it seams. I hardly get it the same each time if I order one out of town.

white russian

at the coffeeshop i work at, the white russian is kahlua and vanilla.

LOVED BY ALL!!

and not sugar free.

That sounds like sum spiced coffee..hmm i am russian and i never knew that.Mayby I shuld try!Double the buzz xP

Re: white russian latte

Quote Originally Posted by luvncoffee
    I always get my flavor's sugar free. Alot of places don't cary SF kaluah. to make it you can put coffee flavor and vanilla. FYI. Also I was surprised to find out that a lot of places don't have the vodka syrup either. They use white choc sauce and kaluah with a splash of coconut. I don't know... Everyone makes it different it seams. I hardly get it the same each time if I order one out of town.
    You can get the SF Kahlua from WalMart (they carry it here)...ask you Wal-Mart GM to order it for you... this one is very accomodating.
    Cafe' Isabella
    "Where Good Friends Find Great Coffee"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links