Good Dairy Alternative for Espresso Drinks

savaytse66

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
My wife has recently developed an aversion to milk, so I am wondering how some of the dairy alternatives work for espresso based drinks. I have a good machine at home (Quickmill Vetrano 2B), and it's the time of year that she enjoys her lattes. I know they sell soy and almond milks, but do they froth the same way as 2%/whole milk? Are they similar in flavor? Are there better alternatives?

Thanks

javacentral

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I would imagine almond milk would taste pretty nice in coffee, but like PinkRose said, try out frothing different milks and see. I know it's pricy but goats milk may be an option as well.

savaytse66

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
I would imagine almond milk would taste pretty nice in coffee, but like PinkRose said, try out frothing different milks and see. I know it's pricy but goats milk may be an option as well.

I have heard that goat's milk has less lactose. In fact, we are getting a couple goats next spring, so I'm hoping that solves the problem. In the meantime, I think we are going to try both almond and coconut milk and see how it goes. If they work, great. If not, she'll just hang tight until we get our goats.

coffee771

Dec 29, 2016
Texas
Visit site
My house is lactose intolerant as well. So, we have found that using full-fat coconut milk is a great alternative for creamer. But if you are wanting to create a latte, try out almond, or cashew milk. They will not foam as much but they are delicious option.