hi, Nitro Coffee

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Use food grade nitro only. That is if you are making it yourself. Some use a nitro/co2 mix but not as good. JMO

Attachments

• IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    600.5 KB · Views: 114

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hi
i want to try nitro coffee day, dose anyone have the experience in nitro coffee?
i am looking forward to hear your thoughts at this forum
I have never made one but this is probably the only drink I order when I visit Coffee Bean & Tea leaf near my home. Even there, it could be very inconsistent (quality of Nitro coffee), but this is only place that serves that coffee near my home.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Northern Brewer sells 2.5 gallon soda kegs that can be stored in a regular refrigerator. There is a process for getting the nitro into the canister that makes it last. Like any keg system the lines and vessels need to be sterilized and cleaned. If the coffee is brewed properly it should always be consistent. Getting a small container filled with food grade nitro might be a challenge. The other item that makes a big difference is a stout tap. Don't buy a cheap one as there is a big difference. We use Perlick.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
For a quick answer. The gas used to pressureize the keg is food grade nitrogen. Whether you start off with cold brew iced coffee or regular iced coffee you then use a draft/keg system with a stout tap. If you have ever ordered a draft beer a mix of CO2 and nitrogen is used. Nitrogen also eliminates O2 which keeps it fresher longer