Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It was a toss up of Spike or SS Brew Tech. Both had some better options than the other. They were shipping the 10 gallon fermentor but I ordered a 15 with a few changes so I am waiting still to see what they will or won't do. If they won't do what I requested then I will jump to the SS Brew tech
    Charlie
    If you are afraid of failure or losing money, quit while you are ahead

Quote Originally Posted by chast View Post
    It was a toss up of Spike or SS Brew Tech. Both had some better options than the other. They were shipping the 10 gallon fermentor but I ordered a 15 with a few changes so I am waiting still to see what they will or won't do. If they won't do what I requested then I will jump to the SS Brew tech
    For the capacity your looking at... stick with Spike. I was looking at the 1 bbl brite tank from SS. I really liked how Spike uses all tri-clamps. And the ability to drop in a CIP ball for cleaning is handy! With the SS you have to buy an adapter plate from Stout. You can't be too clean/sanitary!

Quote Originally Posted by jkgreen View Post
    I don't see a forum dedicated to brewing coffee, so I am posting this here.

I have recently started making my own cold brew. I start with coarsely ground beans. I'm using Major Dickenson's blend from Peet's. I am adding just under 2 cups of coffee beans to 10 cups of water. This is combined in a large plastic container and set in the fridge for 24-48 hours. My problem has been filtering the brew. I have used a wire mesh sieve lined with cheese cloth, but this is still just a bit too porous as I end up with sediment at the bottom of my pitcher. I have also tried coffee filters, which are much cheaper, but the filter gets clogged and it takes a much longer time to filter my coffee this way.

Any suggestions?
    I also employ the use of a "Coffee Sock", google it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links