Cappuccino

mawil1013

Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
[h=3]Cappuccino, I've been making a clone of a McDonalds mocha (don't hate me.), but have been reading about, Cappuccino's as Italians make them. So now I'm doing that, a double shot (two tablespoons of grind), to 4 -5 ounce of milk, then steamed to filled up a 7 ounce cup. I like. Made my first flower using rings of chocolate syrup, cool.[/h]

underestimated

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I'm loving cappuccino also especially the one from Starbucks Ready to Drink in cup. I've been trying to search for a good replacement coz having it daily is expensive! haha. Thanks for sharing this clone recipe.

Alakey

Oct 31, 2017
Dnepr
Visit site
First try - 11262812_1564648087134251_1705224750_n.jpg

After a couple of days - Beznn_NDG_s.jpg

mawil1013

Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
Awesome, is your grind baskets back pressured or controlled by grind size plus tamping? I've seen where some r meting water into basket, then pause to allow grind to swell, then continue? Have done any of these?

Alakey

Oct 31, 2017
Dnepr
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm fluent in English (I had to learn when I worked as a bartender on cruise ships a couple of times), but I`m still Ukrainian and, frankly, did not quite understand what you are asking)

Alakey

Oct 31, 2017
Dnepr
Visit site
I have this Simonelli at work - Nuova Simonelli Appia 2 Group lg.jpg
But at home, I use ordinary espresso machine. They are much worse than Simonelli and the steam pressure is lower, but it possible to make latte or not-the-best cappuccino. Though espresso is brewing well.

Last edited:

Alakey

Oct 31, 2017
Dnepr
Visit site
If I understand your question correctly, then the process of preparation is as follows: I take the Holder, grind the coffee there (the coffee grinder stands separately, it has 2 buttons - to grind the coffee on the one-piece holder - 7.5 grams and for grinding to the double Holder - 15 grams. The size of the grind I expose manually and it depends on the coffee beans that I use.) Then I tamp the coffee in the holder manually and make an espresso on the Simonelli.