caramel - Syrup

katrinachen

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I am new here and actually also feel silly to ask this question, but I just cant get my head around to understand these.
what is difference between caramel and syrup ?
what is it actually put in the coffee?
syrup is the sugar form of sweetening the coffee and the thick sauce put on the milk cream top is caramel.
is that correct ?

so when it actually comes to the flavour, it is flavoured in syrup, such as fruit syrup, chocolate syrup, etc, correct ?

Thank you and any explanation will be appreciated.

Lovely days ahead

efriese

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
If I understand you correctly, you are asking the difference between syrup and sauce. Syrup is thinner because it is not cooked as long. Sauce is thicker and used on top of foam or whipped cream. Caramel is just a flavor of syrup/sauce. Most syrups use extracts to add flavor to a simple syrup made with sugar and water.

gracy1

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
[FONT=q_serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro, Meiryo, serif]Latte is short for 'caffe latte’ - a coffee (espresso-style) with milk (steamed). This can be flavoured with syrups like vanilla or caramel. This works fine. I had made it last night. It's yummy.[/FONT]

Sheena_Lance

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
very well said,caramel is a flavors,I used to order this for my son...

If I understand you correctly, you are asking the difference between syrup and sauce. Syrup is thinner because it is not cooked as long. Sauce is thicker and used on top of foam or whipped cream. Caramel is just a flavor of syrup/sauce. Most syrups use extracts to add flavor to a simple syrup made with sugar and water.