Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Wow that sounds great

Well, did anyone tried Kopi Luwak. Claimed to be the most expensive coffee in the world.
    It has distinguished flavor because it that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet.
    Check the wikipedia page for more detail.
    I just start to get this coffee from my home country Indonesia to US.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by budi View Post
    Well, did anyone tried Kopi Luwak. Claimed to be the most expensive coffee in the world.
    It has distinguished flavor because it that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet.
    Check the wikipedia page for more detail.
    I just start to get this coffee from my home country Indonesia to US.
    Yes, I also tried few times in Jakarta. however, I did not think much of it. In jakarta, I think that my customer paid around 399,990 Rupiah for one 6oz cup. (honestly, I was glad that I did not have to pay for that coffee). it was bit unusual flavor without any type of acidity, but after knowing how civet was / is being treated to harvest the coffee, I am strongly boycotting the coffee.

anyway, I am glad that you have responded to this thread. if you have any other coffee experience, please let us know.

Here is a link on how the civet cat are being treated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjqTD0z4mE8

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Yes, I also tried few times in Jakarta. however, I did not think much of it. In jakarta, I think that my customer paid around 399,990 Rupiah for one 6oz cup. (honestly, I was glad that I did not have to pay for that coffee). it was bit unusual flavor without any type of acidity, but after knowing how civet was / is being treated to harvest the coffee, I am strongly boycotting the coffee.

anyway, I am glad that you have responded to this thread. if you have any other coffee experience, please let us know.

Here is a link on how the civet cat are being treated.

Not all the civet is farm, I tasted the wild in jungle although not so much number of the amount that being sell that why is become so expensive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by budi View Post
    Not all the civet is farm, I tasted the wild in jungle although not so much number of the amount that being sell that why is become so expensive.
    I was wondering... I am sure that you had your luwak coffee in a coffee shop, in a city. how can you tell which luwak coffee is from farm civet and which is from wild civet?

also, if there are 10% wild civet luwak in the market, will that justify other 90% farm civet coffee?

since I love to drink black coffee, a friend of mine from the Philippines and has worked at the middle east gave me an alamid cofee,he say that it was a coffee bean that comes from the cat poop called alamid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheena_Lance View Post
    since I love to drink black coffee, a friend of mine from the Philippines and has worked at the middle east gave me an alamid cofee,he say that it was a coffee bean that comes from the cat poop called alamid.
    THAT, I did not know. so, there is civet poop coffee from Indonesia. Elephant poop coffee from Thailand, Monkey poop coffee from Taiwan, Bird poop coffee from Brazil. However, the most famous one is Luwak civet from Indonesia. Just wondering, whether this Civet was the first one that came up with the Poop coffee idea..???? anyone knows?

Since we have a lot of turkeys here in USA, how about Turkey poop coffee? I am sure that would be possible...... However, I think that Labor cost in USA would kill this idea from the beginning.....

Banned
    it seems like cat alamid and civet are exactly same animal. they just call them differently.
    here are couple of photos of alamid that I found from google.

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-124.jpgAny strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-coffee-alamid-philippine-palm-civet.jpg

Maybe not the weirdest coffee things but I tried the Tokyo cold brew and I like heavy cream in my coffee.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links