Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?

There are couple of 85C Bakery Cafe in our neighborhood. I am sure that many of US members or European members do not know about "85C cafe" but it is the biggest coffee chain / bakery store in Taiwan, I believe more than 1000 stores worldwide.

I love their sea-salt coffee which became the best selling drink since its debut in December 2008.

Kathy Chung, 85C spokeswoman, said that it was the Taiwanese habit of sprinkling salt on fruits like pineapple and watermelon to bring out their sweetness that convinced the company to try it with coffee.

Personally, of course, it is bit unusual taste, but I like it and so as most of my Asian friends.

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-a99567_14631293897_fa997dbf3e_b.jpg

Banned
    I have never been to Vietnam but love to go there, not for coffee but for the foods and culture.
    this Vietnamese egg coffee is called "Ca Phe Trong" and quite popular throughout Hanoi.

Egg yolk and condensed milk (they use a lot of this thick condensed sweet milk) until it gets thick and creamy. Then, black Vietnamese coffee is poured over and left to sink to the bottom. I have never had it, but they said that it tastes like silk coffee flavored custard.... (I am sure that I can make this home...)
    Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-a99567_13348646394_853b4ffbe9_b.jpg

Banned
    Not really strange, but something you can make TODAY!
    how about Mexican Coffee? (No, you are not going to mix some enchilada into your Kenya SOC).
    Tequila and Kahlua with strong taste of your favorite coffee & sweet melted ice cream!!!!

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

• oz tequila
    • oz kahlua
    • 1 cup strong brewed coffee
    • -1/3 cup melted vanilla ice cream

Directions

• Melt vanilla ice cream in microwave for 30 seconds
    • Combine all ingredients and serve immediately.

Banned
    G&B coffee in Grand Central in LA downtown offers THREE DRINKS IN ONE order.
    First is "fizzy hoppy tea" made out of cold brewed oolong, beer hops.
    Next you are served an espresso.
    Then you are served silky macadamia-almond milk latte

I just wonder how much they charge for this 3 drinks course.

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-5-los-angeles-coffee-drinks-gb-740x493.jpg

Banned
    Blanco Y Negro! this is the coffee name, a silverlake coffee shop, LA Mill. (actually Craig Min, the owner of La Mill, was one of the reasons that I went into coffee origin business selling green beans.)

This coffee consists of cold brewed iced coffee, espresso granita and housemade Madagascar vanilla bean ice cream.

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-5-los-angeles-coffee-drinks-lamill-740x493.jpg

Banned
    How about Pistachio-Pink-Rose Latte from Demitasse cafe in L.A.?
    Pistachio butter base is paired with rose water and honey syrup with the addition of streamed milk and espresso on top. (I think that I might like this one :+)

As you know, good lattes should be silky and creamy (yes, absolutely correct! most of lattes that I get from local shops, they are all watery & too weak of foam. I hate it) and managed to achieve a delicious thick texture without being too rich. Demitasse claims that this Pistachio Pink Rose latte is downright velvety!!!!

Since I live in L.A. when I get the chance, love to try one!

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-5-los-angeles-coffee-drinks-demitasse-768x997.jpg

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    How about Pistachio-Pink-Rose Latte from Demitasse cafe in L.A.?
    Pistachio butter base is paired with rose water and honey syrup with the addition of streamed milk and espresso on top. (I think that I might like this one :+)

As you know, good lattes should be silky and creamy (yes, absolutely correct! most of lattes that I get from local shops, they are all watery & too weak of foam. I hate it) and managed to achieve a delicious thick texture without being too rich. Demitasse claims that this Pistachio Pink Rose latte is downright velvety!!!!

Since I live in L.A. when I get the chance, love to try one!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-Los-Angeles-Coffee-Drinks-demitasse-768x997.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	9069
    And I would have to try it just because of its name.

Banned
    I love "horchata", specially when you can get it from the Zocalo in Mexico city (by the way, Zocalo is not a restaurant. it is the downtown square in Mexico city. probably biggest one in Latin country).

So how about making "horchata Latte"?
    Horchata typically combines rice, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. it is completely delicious and I can even get it just around the corner from my house at "Taco Factory", a tiny taco corner shop.

Horchata latte is combining horchata powder, vanilla and base of latte. The result is a cinnamony, buttery drink that tastes like a cookie liquid.

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-5-los-angeles-coffee-drinks-tierramia-740x493.jpg

I've always found the idea of adding coconut milk in coffee is a bit odd. It always seems to be a bit of a hipster thing for me.
    However, I do appreciate the spirit of experimentation.

Banned
    Everyone knows Cafe Americano.
    But a few years ago, a South Korean coffee shop called "Alex The Coffee" (my name is alex and I am not making this up, ha ha ha) had the genius idea (not very sure about this "genius" part.. anyway) of taking Americano one step further into the modern day.
    Instead of pouring hot water on espresso, they used a chilled can of Coca Cola, pouring it all over ice for a sweet and sparkling shot of high fructose perfection.

Any strange and uncommon coffee drinks do you know or tried?-phpthumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links