Is there be a better way than cold brew coffee method to reduce the acid in coffee

lunfardi

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
[h=1]Would there be an even better way than cold brew coffee method to reduce the acid in coffee? I know that cold brew method is among the best but would there be an even better way to reduce the acid even further? Cold brew coffee tastes good! Rsvp.[/h]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Shyla

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Coffee can be very acidic, and that can bring about issues for some people. When you’re considering of acidity in coffee, you shouldn’t necessarily be thinking of a sour or acrid taste. Sour taste can frequently be a sign of imperfect extraction, as many coffee acids don’t produce an “acidic” taste at all.

For example, phosphoric acid and malic acid can basically make coffee taste sweeter. Many acids, such as citric acid and acetic acid, produce nice citrus tastes in low concentrations, but can also produce sour-tasting coffee if their content is high.

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Why does the acidity in coffee get such a bad rap, it is where all the origin notes, all the floral, and fruit notes are.

I roast certain coffees to mute acidity so look for roasters that are talented.

I might also suggest that you adjust the parameters of your extractions to mute acidity. Get familiar with the standards of your preferred method of brewing coffee and experiment.

DwightYorke

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
Roasting: Go to full city+ or a bit darker to avoid acidity

Brewing: Use water around 190 degrees to extract less (lowering temperature is a similar approach to cold brew)

Choose the right beans: Lower altitude beans and non-washed coffees tend to be less acidic.

GregHaver

Nov 3, 2018
New York, NY
Visit site
A sure way to reduce the acidity in your coffee is to use a cold-brew process. You may hear it called cold-drip coffee, Kyoto style or Toddy style. This type of coffee is made by allowing ground beans to steep in cold water for at least 24 hours.