Can You Mix Coffee and coconut Oil?

coffeelover11

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello, i just wanted to know can we mix coconut oil in coffee. Some of my friends say that you can and it taste good... So does it really taste good?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello, i just wanted to know can we mix coconut oil in coffee. Some of my friends say that you can and it taste good... So does it really taste good?

I don't know anyone who has tried mixing coconut oil into their coffee.

I'm thinking that, since your friends say it tastes good, maybe all you need to do is try it for yourself. Only you can decide if you like it or not.

If you do try it, please let us know what you think.

~ Rose

coffeelover11

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
Sure, Rose

But just wanted to take more inputs, if anyone has tried because i just can not imagine coconut smell coming out from my coffee!!

Trying myself is my last resort.

JacksonTaft

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
I used to do this a bunch. Ive done both MCT and Extra Virgin Coconut OIls. It does change the taste a bit but not too much. It really changes the mouthfeel. The oil adds a very prominent fatty feeling. Its meant to be a way to "spark" your metabolism and get some morning calories when doing a low carb diet. The one thing I did notice is that it can make me a little upset downstairs so if you are sensitive to food you may want to keep this in mind. Lastly, If you do this with hot coffee, it floats to the top and traps the heat in the coffee below, which can burn your tongue if you are not ready for it. Hope that helps!