Step by step process in making French Press Coffee at Home

GregHaver

Nov 3, 2018
New York, NY
Visit site
Thanks, guys for your help! I found 'Ultimate Guide to Making French Press Coffee at Home', and I like to share with you

https://coffeeorbust.com/how-to-make-french-press/

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I don't have an espresso machine and prefer french press over drip or pour over. This is my process at this point:

While heating water on the stove I weigh out my beans on a food scale. Current ratio is 23 g of water per 300 g of water.
I wait to grind the beans until just before the water boils. Freshly ground beans do make a difference.
I then pour about 100 g of water into the carafe with the grounds, swirl it, set the timer for 4 minutes and let it steep for about 30 seconds.
I then pour the rest of the water for a total of 300 g of water, swirl it to mix and then let it sit until the 4 minute timer goes off.
When the timer goes off I take a spoon and carefully remove the crust of grounds that have not sunk and throw them away. I make sure I remove the foam as that is not the same kind of foam as crema on espresso.
I then set the timer for another 5 minutes and let it sit. I don't stir or swirl it again. I put the plunger back on to keep the heat in and make sure the plunger screen is sitting just above the top of the coffee in the carafe.
After the 5 minutes is up I just carefully pour some into a mug, add some frothed milk and I have an amazing cafe au lait.

I hope this helps. Good luck.