Thread: Breve?

Breve?

I ordered a Cafe au Lait at Starbucks (I think they call it a Misto at SB's) the other day and he asked me if I wanted a half and half, breve (I'm not sure if I'm speeling it right) style. What exactly is breve? Does that just mean half coffee half steamed milk? Just wondering.
    Brewing Method: Aeropress

No he wanted to know if you wanted your drink made from half and half. It makes for a very thick and rich Latte. I really can't stand it, hell even whole milk is to fatty!
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

So what makes a cafe au lait taste much better than a regular coffee adding regular cold milk? I mean, isn't milk just milk? and the cold milk will eventually get hot anyway.
    Brewing Method: Aeropress

The milk in the Cafe au Lait is heated. Now for it tasting better I don't know. Maybe its the coffee, or the type of milk. Some people add sugar to make it taste better.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

In other words, Breve means 570 calories, 42 grams of fat and 16 carbs.

When you're a customer for life, remember that you're only a customer for life. They can kill you and still be successful.

Put on a breve face and make your last request. Blindfold? Cigarette?
    Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water. ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

The reason steamed milk tastes better is that the steaming process develops the proteins (casseins).

It is like cooking most anything - it develops the flavor more because the heating process chemically changes the food or drink.
    Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water. ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links