BIC

Do you agree on what he says about French Press making?

In this youtube video, James says that after waiting 4 min, then, wait another 5 to 7 min. and then, do not press all the way down and pour your coffee and enjoy.

what do you think?
    for me, I like my coffee bit hot, not lukewarm coffee.... what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st571DYYTR8

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Is it French Press making or French Press coffee making?
    tsk tsk /tisk tisk/

Do you agree on what he says about French Press making?-judge-judy.jpg

When I did press I ground more fine than most do as I like a slurry, not clean, crisp, crystal clear notes like some try to accomplish. I'd grind, dose, pour in the water, stir a bit and let it steep for 5 mins, then press, pour and start consuming.

Hoffman is like any other in that he has his beliefs in what works for him, no better/worse than what others do. Ridiculous how so many people like worship what he/others say, but maybe they can't figure out things for themselves. Reminds me of those going to churches in that they rely on somebody telling them what they should do to 'make things right'... yeah not in my world, lmao. Drink on! Coffee that is...
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Or make a press that can do exactly what you want and make tons of money out of it...
    Like Aeropress...

BIC
    The one in my attached picture is called ESPRO press, it has seventeen patents on it and costs 4 times a regular French press. I call this American ingenuity regardless of the coffee it makes...
    So if you believe your way is better, make a product out of it!
    how about you? you seem to know a lot of ... about everything.
    have you made some product out of it?
    just asking.

I watched that video about a year ago. I also found another one where the person was recommending the same kind of approach. Steep the coffee, let it sit for 4 minutes. Scoop off the grounds that have not sunk. Let it sit another 5 minutes. Don't plunge and let the screen act as a filter, which is what it was doing anyway. No need to plunge and stir up bitterness. And I end up with a small amount of fines in my coffee which I like. And I can honestly say that what he said in that video totally changed the taste of the coffee I had been making. FOR THE BETTER. Prior to watching that video my french press coffee was a somewhat bitter. Now it is pure deliciousness. When I saw that video I had not seen any of his other videos. Didn't even know he was a "thing". But what he said made sense to me. But there is no denying that the quality of my coffee has greatly improved. There are lots of people who like to criticize people and chastise them simply because they are angry and hate the world. But don't take my or anyone else's advice on the subject. If you make french press coffee on a regular basis, why not just try what he's suggesting and see for yourself? No one knows how you like your coffee better than you. In other words, don't listen to Shadow 745. He's just bitter, much like I'm sure his coffee is.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links