BIC

Pumpkin Spice Latte should be in regular latte menu on all the coffee shops?

Pumpkin Spice latte season is coming... Autumn!!!!!
    most main coffee chain stores will be selling them, of course, including Starbucks.
    as I have heard, this is the most popular Latte in Autumn.
    should this be a permanent menu in the cafes?
    or just leave it like this like "McRib" sandwich from McDonald's...

I'm not a fan of anything milk based in general so take what I say with a grain of coffee... Of course many look fwd to seasonal beverages found throughout the year. When we ran a mobile setup we offered a monthly special year round as well as offering any drink possible year round just so our die hard customers could have any drink they wanted without having to wait for a particular season. Of course large chains likely won't ever bother doing that, but when we were in business we damn sure stole a lot of their business.
    Last edited by shadow745; 09-22-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    I'm not a fan of anything milk based in general so take what I say with a grain of coffee... Of course many look fwd to seasonal beverages found throughout the year. When we ran a mobile setup we offered a monthly special year round as well as offering any drink possible year round just so our die hard customers could have any drink they wanted without having to wait for a particular season. Of course large chains likely won't ever bother doing that, but when we were in business we damn sure stole a lot of their business.
    darn good idea.
    by the way, shadow, can you tell us what are the "seasonal beverages" that you have had offered? sound very interesting to hear what are available.. or what you have created. thanks

Well we no longer operate that mobile setup, but some of the drinks were Peppermint Mocha for around Christmas, Pumpkin Spice for fall, typical candy bar/cookie flavors like Mounds, Almond Joy, Snickerdoodle, Cherry Mocha, Granny Smith Apple/Caramel, etc. I came up with a banana split fruit smoothie that was a massive hit and we also offered all drinks (espresso based and chai) hot, iced or frozen (blended) and like I stated we offered anything year round as long as we had the sauces/syrups onboard. If a customer constantly ordered the same thing we let them name it on our menu as well as inviting people into the van to watch me run everything if they were interested. We used mostly Monin syrups and sauces from Ghirardelli as well as offering around 8 different milk options. If something wasn't listed on the menu, but we had the ingredients we'd make anything any customer asked for and our motto from day 1 was 'if you don't truly enjoy what we make it's free' and we never gave away a single drink based on that.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    our motto from day 1 was 'if you don't truly enjoy what we make it's free' and we never gave away a single drink based on that.
    that is really great. having the confidence and guarantee to go with that. That will have customers coming back over and over again.

honestly speaking. about 90% cafes in our areas (including all major coffee chains) offer really shitty latte/flat white/cappuccino (perhaps mainly due to bad baristas). if I can get that kind of guarantee, I will be drinking free all day, all week long.... but if you think about it, who want to drink really shitty lattes or flat whites anyway,.....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links