New to coffee, looking for creamer suggestions

After recently trying a cold bottle of Starbucks frappuccino, my wife and I (ages 35 and 38 respectively) have finally decided to get into coffee! After doing some research, I purchased a french press, burr grinder, scale to weigh beans and water, and some La Colombe coffee beans of various roasts. I had some very successful hot and cold brews this weekend!

I'm not sure if coffee connoisseurs turn their nose up at it, but at this time, I will only really drink a cup of coffee if there is a healthy dose of creamer (eg. Coffee-Mate french vanilla). I would expect as my tastes change, I will enjoy coffee without so much cream and/or sugar. In any event, I wanted to know if there is a better alternative to a creamer like Coffee-Mate that will add some semblance of creaminess and sweetness. One that is "approved" by the type of people who contribute coffee forums.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by im1dermike View Post
    After recently trying a cold bottle of Starbucks frappuccino, my wife and I (ages 35 and 38 respectively) have finally decided to get into coffee! After doing some research, I purchased a french press, burr grinder, scale to weigh beans and water, and some La Colombe coffee beans of various roasts. I had some very successful hot and cold brews this weekend!

I'm not sure if coffee connoisseurs turn their nose up at it, but at this time, I will only really drink a cup of coffee if there is a healthy dose of creamer (eg. Coffee-Mate french vanilla). I would expect as my tastes change, I will enjoy coffee without so much cream and/or sugar. In any event, I wanted to know if there is a better alternative to a creamer like Coffee-Mate that will add some semblance of creaminess and sweetness. One that is "approved" by the type of people who contribute coffee forums.

Thanks in advance!
    Try it without and first so I can the full flavors out of the coffee because. U wonít experience the coffee at its greatness. Also what kind of flavor profiles do you like because thatís a big factor. Try out some of the beans from some of the roasters here on the forum and one I highly recommend is musicphan because his beans are amazing.

Thanks for the shoutout wstsider...

Regarding the OP questions - I would recommend using just standard cream or half-n-half, nothing with artificial flavoring. And as wstsider suggested - always try the coffee first without creamer for the best experience. Over time you will your pallet will change and you can appreciate black coffee easier. You will then really tell the differences between origins / roasts levels, etc. ALWAYS buy FRESH (and preferably direct form roaster) - that's the key IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Thanks for the shoutout wstsider...

Regarding the OP questions - I would recommend using just standard cream or half-n-half, nothing with artificial flavoring. And as wstsider suggested - always try the coffee first without creamer for the best experience. Over time you will your pallet will change and you can appreciate black coffee easier. You will then really tell the differences between origins / roasts levels, etc. ALWAYS buy FRESH (and preferably direct form roaster) - that's the key IMO.
    He should also figure out what flavors likes because it can help him out selecting beans. He might like blends or single origins or a bean from a certain origin.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links