Like iced coffe, but made with cacao beans: KOKOMI (Kickstarter beg)

Sorry for parachuting in on your forum to beg for some Kickstarter love -- but I really do think this is something that might interest you. I make something called KOKOMI -- a dark chocolate beverage that is made in much the same way as iced coffee, but using cacao instead of coffee beans. Coffee lovers seem to really dig it, as it avoids the ultra-sweet, overly rich flavor profile of most chocolate food and drink products. It tastes like a 90% dark chocolate bar (no, seriously), but it has no fat, no dairy, no caffeine, no artificial anything and it's good for you. I'll back off on the sales pitch now, and just humbly say: if you want to learn more, please head over to Kickstarter and search for "KOKOMI." Thanks so much for letting me barge in on you like this!

Like iced coffe, but made with cacao beans:  KOKOMI (Kickstarter beg)-kok006_slimcans_mocks_05_30_192.jpg

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by That_KOKOMI_guy View Post
    it has no fat, no dairy, no caffeine, no artificial anything – and it's good for you.
    is this carbonated? fizz drink? what about "is it sweet"?
    if both no... no fizzy, no sweet, no dairy, no fat, no caffeine, no artificial anything... probably I figure... no taste?

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    is this carbonated? fizz drink? what about "is it sweet"?
    if both no... no fizzy, no sweet, no dairy, no fat, no caffeine, no artificial anything... probably I figure... no taste?
    That might otherwise be a reasonable assumption, but it's actually quite rich and flavorful. It is lightly sweetened. No caffeine, but 386 mg of theobromine per 250 ml serving. Not fizzy. Here's some footage from our most recent taste test -- these reactions are pretty typical. Thanks for your note, and come visit us on Kickstarter! (Search for "KOKOMI First Impressions" on YouTube -- sorry, I'm too much of a noob to post links here yet.)

BIC
    That might otherwise be a reasonable assumption, but it's actually quite rich and flavorful. It is lightly sweetened. No caffeine, but 386 mg of theobromine per 250 ml serving. Not fizzy. Here's some footage from our most recent taste test -- these reactions are pretty typical. Thanks for your note, and come visit us on Kickstarter! (Search for "KOKOMI First Impressions" on YouTube -- sorry, I'm too much of a noob to post links here yet.)
    yes, I would. I would visit the kickstarter sight.
    but i just wonder... how this sort of "drink" company/concept can be done by kickstarter's properly because it is about "taste" that each person can not taste but just to assume.... I fully understand that anyone can do any type of kickstarter, but still i thought it might be very difficult to describe the taste which is very personal.

Isn't there some caffeine in cacao naturally? Do you decaffeinate the drink somehow?

I saw something like that a few years ago at a coffee & tea show.

Ya, I thought cacao naturally has caffeine, which I guess means it has to be processed

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Isn't there some caffeine in cacao naturally? Do you decaffeinate the drink somehow?
    I'm not enough of a food science guy to be able to explain how our method of manufacture removes caffeine from KOKOMI, but it does. I have multiple lab reports that show there's essentially none in there after bottling.

Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    I saw something like that a few years ago at a coffee & tea show.

Ya, I thought cacao naturally has caffeine, which I guess means it has to be processed
    I'd be curious to know what you ran across at the C&T show. i've seen raw cacao health extracts (yuck, and not particularly safe, either), cacao powders designed to be brewed at home in french presses (taste kind of like cocoa tea to me), and oodles of whisk-melted-chocolate-into-hot-milk concoctions. KOKOMI is different. I think it's delicious, of course. Try some for yourself!

BIC
    I'd be curious to know what you ran across at the C&T show. i've seen raw cacao health extracts (yuck, and not particularly safe, either), cacao powders designed to be brewed at home in french presses (taste kind of like cocoa tea to me), and oodles of whisk-melted-chocolate-into-hot-milk concoctions. KOKOMI is different. I think it's delicious, of course. Try some for yourself!
    love to try for myself, but is there way to try it out before participating in the kickstarter?
    what if I hate the drink after sending money to the kickstarter?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links