Recipe similar/identical to SB's Doubleshot Espresso?

OK, I am going to admit to a shock here: I'm not a coffee drinker. Scary, but true. My spouse sucks down coffee like it is going out of style, but I've never acquired the taste. HOWEVER, I do enjoy cappuchinos (both "traditional" and trendy flavors), coffee ice cream, coffee "floats", the occasional espresso, and so-help-me, the dreaded Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso. I'm WAY too cheap to buy it on a regular basis ($2 for less than a cup of liquid???), but I need a pick-me-up to get to work at 6am and keep me up for over-night call in the hospital. The tea I drink just won't cut it, caffeine-wise.

I'm a big fan of making things myself (I'm great at breakfast croissants), but I've been unable to find a recipe for the SB Doubleshots. Found plenty of Frappuchino "top secret" recipes, but they tend to be too sweet (lots of sugar). I've heard that Doubleshots are basically just cream and espresso. Does anyone know? I'm planning on (more bad behavior here) mixing up a large batch and just bringing it to work with me in a little mug.

SO, would someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out: has anyone heard of a good "Doubleshot" style recipe???

Well I've never had Starbucks, but the coffee house I work at I like this - double shot of espresso with a single shot of sugar-free vanilla. I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's something I would suggest over anything from Starbucks

Hmm..

If someone came to us and asked for a double shot of espresso I'd shoot em a double shot and ask if they want it lightened up (creame) or sweetened (sugar or vanilla). Some take it straight....some have a little steamed cream on top (a true machiato I believe).

Hope that helps...

Call Starbucks Customer Relations department ((800) 235-2883).

Tell them you have an allergy to vanillin or something and ask for the ingredient list.
    Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water. ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links