meet joe black?

juliareyes

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
in the movie meet joe black, theres a scene where either anthony hopkins or brad pitt are adding cream to their coffee but i mean actual cream like its served in england i believe. where can i buy this kind of cream to add to my coffee instead of buying powdered coffeemate or some other powdered version of coffee creamer? actual cream like the one given at mcdonalds? rsvp.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Where are you from? What country? If you were in the US you probaby wouldn't be asking that question. I assume then that cream is not something you can get at your local food store?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I don't know what country you are living in, but here in the United States, cream is usually not hard to find.

The store, where you buy milk, probably also sells cream that you can use for your coffee. Many people (and cafes) use Half & Half, some people use light cream, and others use heavy cream. It's up to you.

You will discover a huge difference in taste if you add any of these to your coffee, especially since you seem to already be using powdered Coffeemate.

The little coffee creamers that are available at McDonalds are probably Half & Half with corn syrup in it.

juliareyes

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
well because i want something like mcdonalds and not some powdered coffeemate counterpart. oh, by the way im all the way in auckland, new zealand. rsvp

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
well because i want something like mcdonalds and not some powdered coffeemate counterpart. oh, by the way im all the way in auckland, new zealand. rsvp

The next time you go to McDonalds, ask them what kind of creamers they use. Maybe you can find them locally or you can order some on-line. The individual little Half & Half creamers don't need refrigeration, so maybe you can order them from Amazon or a place like that.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Ok. I just did a little thing called a google search. The first hit was someone posing the same question in advance of their going there. Someone responded by saying that New Zealand is a major dairy producer. This person said that NZ produces milk and cream by the shipload. They said that every small corner store is called a "dairy". Any shop that sells any kind of food product will have cream. And very high quality cream at that. Another search which confirms the above is that New Zealand's largest exports are "milk powder, butter and cheese." So, I have to say I am puzzled by Juliareye's question. Considering that Aukland is New Zealand's largest city, I find it very hard to believe that someone living there wouldn't know exactly where to buy cream.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Juliareyes, Welcome to the forum! I just made a new friend that was in NZ for 20 some years. I was shocked to hear how many coffee roasters were over there. For a country of 4 million people I couldn't believe they have over 300 coffee roasters! Oh well...welcome and good luck finding the cream ;)