Mocha Syrups

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Actually, I meant sauces...Well, I'm talking about the one that looks like the chocolate syrup you use for chocolate milk, not the watery kind.

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
You got lots of choices;

Ghiradelli probably the industry standard,
Davinci which I use and is the cheapest I've found too,
Mt. Blanc seems pricey to me, my crew couldn't taste a difference between it and Davinci

Where? I get mine Davinci's at Cash and Carry - on sale thorugh next week too.

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
Hersheys! We use it and it is the best! It tastes familiar to customers, it's inexpensive, and we put it in our own bottle with a pump and people say it is the best by far. I'm not afraid to say I use Hersheys. Customers say I have the best hot choc, and will come to my shop and pay 2.25 for a 16 oz hot chocolate, instead of going to the other 4 shops on our street. Granted, we steam the milk...try it, it comes in 7 lb containers. Also, we have copied the 20 Below hot chocolate by using Gharadelli Frappe Mix. Great seller!

beans

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Ghiradelli

We use Ghiradelli and it is excellant. We make ice drinks with it and people love it. It's on the pricey side, but well worth it.

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Re: Ghiradelli

beans said:
We use Ghiradelli and it is excellant. We make ice drinks with it and people love it. It's on the pricey side, but well worth it.

Do you know your break down on cost per drink \ 16 ounce with Ghiradelli? I'm just curious?

We use the Davenci (sp) because my cost on a 16 ounce drink is about 20/21 cents for dark or white chocolate - about 3 cents more for caramel.

Needless to say I'm pushing iced big time right now...

mikefly

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
ya know we ran out of ghiradelli on friday and i suggested hersheys and everone thought i was nuts....think ill pick up some and make my brother the CG a mocha frap and see if he says anything...ill keep ya posted lmao

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
I just made some instant coffee at home and added some DOVE dark chocolate syrup and it's not that bad. It could be better, but eh, I was just experimenting.

Mikefly, let me know how that hershey's "experiment" goes, hahahaha.

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Mikefly,
What's CG? Coffee guru? I don't know much of the coffee lingo so I was just curious what CG meant.

beans

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Celement,

My wife would know the Cost per serving for the Ghiradelli sauce. I do know that she shopped around online and found it on sale for what she said was a real good price. I think that the web site was Everything Coffee and Tea, or something like that.

We taste tested a few different ones (not Davinci) and the Ghiradelli was the best. We are about to run out and if she cannot find it for the same or close to the same price, we will try others.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Truthfully, Hersheys is not a bad syrup. And we also find that the customers like it just fine. And it is easier on the wallet. Ghiradelli, Davinci and a few others are good as well. But for the savings and still a good chocolate my money is on the Hersheys. 8)

mikefly

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
we just switched to hershys after reading some of these posts!!! customes find that they like it better and it mixes in with the drinks better not so much at the bottom of the glass

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
I told you hershey's was good, but quick question...mikefly, did your brother notice or say anything? I read that you were going to get some and try it on him, what did he say? I have noticed that some people like the grit in the cup....(powdered)

mikefly

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
The little jerk read about my plan here so i have to remember not to make the secret plan public lmfao......by the way CG=coffee geek but he is in agrement that it is beter tasting and beter on our budget....we also did a blind tatse test on one of our customer/freinds and he is a CG also and he chose the hershy so if you own a shop pick some up its only a $1.26 and do the test your self and base your discion off of the facts...and remember its not about what you like that will make you money