Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How many shots of espresso for different sized drinks?

This is a discussion on How many shots of espresso for different sized drinks? within the Coffee Drinks forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; our pricing is alittle strange but it works: Three reasons: 1. build a cafe that is nicer and more comfortable than there own home and ...

pricing

our pricing is alittle strange but it works:

Three reasons:
    1. build a cafe that is nicer and more comfortable than there own home and they will be willing to pay more for a drink just to have their coffee there instead of standing in the deli down the street.

2. build an ala cart type menu i.e. latte 16oz two shots $2.75
    add .50 " " carmel $3.25
    white choc/carmel latte $3.75

3. alway make sure that you have a minimum charge per customer if you charge .50 per shot then as a customer I would buy a double shot and add milk for $1.00. this way if they get a double espresso it is 1.50 minimum charge and a $1 for another shot $2.50. At that point you can sell them a latte or cap.

customers are smart, they will figure out a way around your pricing if you not careful, remember my busiest store is 1/2 block from a dunkin donuts and yes they are cheaper and I won't take all there business away, but I took all those that rather spend time in our shop rather than stand in dunkin donunts.

Jim

2. # ADS

Re: pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Muddycup

Three reasons:
    1. build a cafe that is nicer and more comfortable than there own home and they will be willing to pay more for a drink just to have their coffee there instead of standing in the deli down the street.
    That's one hell of an assumption. I have seen that come full swing and shut down coffeehouses!
    Have you ever walked through the isle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

done

5 years and going strong, working on my forth

Good luck guys

Either you failed basic math or your stating how many stores you have! Which way will I lean?
    Have you ever walked through the isle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Re: pricing

Quote Originally Posted by CCafe
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddycup

Three reasons:
    That's one hell of an assumption. I have seen that come full swing and shut down coffeehouses!
    I think Muddycup has a point here. People do pay more for atmosphere. If you go to a dive vs. a posh bar, you could easily see a price difference of a dollar more for the same Bud. I remember reading somewhere Starbucks aim is to make Starbucks the third place for people to be at, first and second places being their home and work place. Essentially what they are talking about is creating an atmosphere so people will go there, and pay more.
    You want cream and sugar?
    NO COFFEE FOR YOU! NEXT!

That's fine, but if he's 1) providing a superior atmosphere and 2) a superior product and 3) presumably similar convenience and cleanliness, why is he charging less? Isn't this strategy leaving money on the table?
    Andrew Hetzel
    Managing Director
    Cafemakers, LLC

See me at the Specialty Coffee Association of America annual conference and exposition April 16-18 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

are you two: cafemakers and ccafe determined to do nothing but put other people down all the time.

There are ligitimate "store owners" here that want to help each other and share their experiences and ideas.

Tear down? No. Just help; thought you would appreciate some advice.
    Andrew Hetzel
    Managing Director
    Cafemakers, LLC

See me at the Specialty Coffee Association of America annual conference and exposition April 16-18 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

congrats

congradulations!

How was my comment a put down? I have personally seen stores close for going all out or posh as some put it. You really need to know your market before you go and dump tons of cash in to a mediocre site! I was saying you need to be careful.

As for you have 4 stores good for you, I'm happy for your success. But remember some of the biggest business have crashed and burned due to that type of attitude.

As for the rest of my posts I try to be as helpful as possible. I even take calls when asked!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads