Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

coffee doesn't give me a buzz -- advice?

Hey,

I was hoping coffee would give me a buzz but I didn't feel anything. I am looking for something to get me going in the morning and it didn't do anything. I tried a cup of medium roast and a cup of vanilla bean, neither did anything. I was hoping that it would give me a buzz like cigarettes used to give me. Should I try an espresso or something? I don't know much about coffee. Also, I drink quite a bit of soda (maybe 2-3 cans a day) and I generally can't feel anything from those (mountain dew) and have been drinking like that for pretty much all my life. Don't know if that would affect my tolerance.

Thanks for any advice

I don't know much about coffee either so for you coffee aficionados, correct me if I'm wrong.

-you might want to try LIGHT roast b/c I think it has more caffeine than Medium and Dark. Light > Medium > Dark

-espresso should help, if not, then caffiene may not be doing anything for you since your body is use to it from all the sodas you drink.

-Might want to add some sugar as well, since the sugar will give you some added energy.
    Brewing Method: Aeropress

You should try espresso (2-3 or more shots - 1 is not much and is very expensive for the amount you get), and/or prepare your coffee using more grounds.

Wow you people still get a buzz. Damn I drink way too much. I am now at that point in my life that if I stop drinking by the 2nd day I have a migraine. I drink between a 1/2 - 3/4 gallon of coffee and then switch to diet coke. I drink another 1/2 gallon of diet coke then switch back to coffee and drink another glass or two (16oz.). Then I go home. So Monday - Friday is my habit, Saturday is my day off, and Sunday is my headache!
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

no buzz either

You might have ADD/ADHD.......I do and coffee only makes my yawn...I love the ritual, and the taste....Unfortuantly not the buzz.

My advice: Try COKE ( the soda) Sugar, and carmal.....
    Ciao, Baby! Di Crema is rising!

Shock Coffee. It's a brand of hypercaffeineated coffee. http://www.shockcoffee.com/

Also, soon, Burger King is going to be launching BK Joe, coffee with 40 percent more caffeine than regular coffee.

You can also drink Maxwell House of Folgers. Those coffees are going to have more caffeine than most specialty coffees because of the beans and generally a lighter roast. Caffeine burns off in dark roasts, so stay lighter.

But none of those are going to taste very good. If you want a buzz, crush up a bunch of no doze into a fine powder and snort them through a rolled up $100 bill, then irrigate your sinuses with espresso. The paramedics (or the coroner) will have to peel you off the ceiling.
    Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water. ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

The Department of the Treasury is going to love that statement!
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

maybe try Yerba-Mate'
    Ciao, Baby! Di Crema is rising!

You can crush 100-200mg caffeine and mix it into your coffee.

Or if no form of coffee does anything for you take 2-3 caffeine pills (400-600mg).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links