coffee cake recipes?????

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/chris ... eecake.htm

i tried baking this cake twice last week and the taste is absolutely awsome but i cant get it to actually look like a cake, it kinda just ends up looking like a brownie by the time im done.

i did everything the recipe said the first time and was extra careful the second time, all i had was a stunning looking cake while its in the oven but the moment i take it out (after 23mins) it falls flat.

can somebody try and figure out what i did wrong or maybe figure out some sort of alteration that i can make to it. :D :-D :) :lol: :D :-D :) :lol: :D :-D :) :lol: :D :-D :) :lol:

schmellen

Apr 12, 2006
St. Peace
Visit site
a couple of things

check your baking powder/soda for freshness (do they fizzle a lot when you pour a little in vinegar?)
my roommated dated a guy from SA and we had to change some recipes because of sea level? does that make sense? so your white mixture may have to be adjusted. You might also want to lower the baking temperature and increase the baking time.
sounds yummy--coffee, Kahlua, yum
good luck
JoEllen

JuicyFruity

Jul 30, 2019
Visit site
Do you like sweets? Then I can advise you this recipe.

club.cooking/recipe/sock-it-to-me-cake/

You'll like it.

[h=4]Steps[/h]
  • Step 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a bundt pan.

• Step 2Remove 2 Tablespoons of cake mix to a bowl.

• Step 3Beat together remaining cake mix, sour cream, oil, water, eggs, sugar, and vanilla for 2 minutes on high.