Frappe!!!

Junipersue

Jul 6, 2004
New London, WI
Visit site
Have you checked if Ghirardelhi Frappe is available?? These come in double chocolate,and double white chocolate. All you need is ice, water and of course the mix and add espresso. My customers love my frappes. Hope you find what you are looking for.

coffeenation

Mar 18, 2006
Bloomington, IL
Visit site
heres a good recipe

for 16ounces, a great recipe is 2oz flavor, 1oz cold espresso, 3 oz milk, and a 2oz scoop of a mixture of powdered sugar and non-dairy creamer. add ice to 16 oz and blend for 30 seconds.

fatboyflyer

Feb 7, 2006
Somewhere in SoCal
Visit site
Hello Anajoeri-

Way back when I first got into the business, we made our frappe’s this way—make our regular iced mocha or iced latte and put it in a blender, throw in a scoop of non-dairy creamer and hit the blend button. That was so long ago, I can’t tell you the exact proportions but a little experimentation will show you. You might need to try different brands of non-dairy creamers since some of them don’t dissolve well in cold liquids. We ended up using Sam’s Club.

Best of Luck,

Fat Boy

josiebojo

Feb 21, 2005
Kennewick, WA
Visit site
Blending machine

I do a ton of frappe's a day and since no one has addressed machines, I thought I would. I started out with a good home blender - burned it out in 3 days. Bought the best home blender - it lasted a week. Figured I'd get a good one and ended up with a Vitamix blending station. I absolutely love it! I end up with a thick frappe in about 15 seconds and can do up to 32 oz drink easily. If you contact the frappe mix providers directly, sometimes they have a deal - buy x amount of product and get the blender free. That's how I did it. And since I was going to get the product anyway, it worked out great. Big Train had the best deal. I just ordered coffee flavored mix and add my own flavors as needed.

If you're talking about a machine that you fill up and it spins as it freezes, that's a granita machine. You will get a much better - and custom - product if use a blender.

Good luck.

jrnysend

Oct 24, 2005
Visit site
Frap on Dude

My wife bought me a couple of four pks of Starbucks Frappuccinos and I fell in love at first gulp. I've never liked cold coffee drinks but these won me over. I do however, make my own now. Here's the journey -- I brew eight double strength cups of my own roasted beens. Doesn't matter what kind. You really don't taste the difference, though I usually use a Costa Rican variety. I mix that with ten tbs of Splenda, a can of Carnation Evaporated Milk, a can of water, a pinch of salt, and two tsp of vanilla. Mix them in a large bowl and funnel them into the clean Frap bottles. Fills six to the top. I keep them in the fridge since they only last four to six days. If you want to shelve them, you have to heat the whole mixture up to seal the lids. Starbucks has 200 calories each. Mine have 40, tastes better, richer and I made it myself. It's so smooth, you forget about the whipped cream, frothed milk, or whatever else you throw in there that makes you fat. Works for me.

Live well --

dans

Nov 8, 2006
London, UK
Visit site
frappé, Greek-style

The Greek-style frappé does not get its sensationally creamy foam through the addition of pectin, cream, ice cream, ice, or any thickener. It is instead created by shaking a dense solution of instant coffee and very little water. The fine bubbles are created by the surfactants (surface active agents) in coffee. Instant coffee, which is brewed coffee with most of its moisture either air-dried or freeze-dried out, lets you add back a tiny amount of water, therefore creating a solution richer in surfactant proteins than even the richest espresso ristretto. The finished frappé looks like a milkshake, yet the iced coffee itself flows easily through the thinnest of straw. You can find a recipe at http://www.frappenation.com/recipes.html
cream.jpg

jrnysend

Oct 24, 2005
Visit site
Frapp

Thx Dans. I've seen that receipe before and it's a good basic formula. The Carnation evaporated milk and the dash of vanilla has spoiled me though. I can't go back.

Live well --